Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3648 (Men's Victorian Costumes)

Reviewed by:Trephas2003

Last Updated:12/17/09 7:29 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating:
Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Trephas2003 said... (12/31/09 2:30 PM) Reply
I never said that the pattern was difficult. It was kind of hard making the pants fly closure, & putting the tailcoat lining in. I apologize if I'm not as knowledgeable about sewing patterns as you are. I don't sew for a theater group.
shanntarra said... (12/29/09 10:58 AM) Reply
I have found that what is helpful to myself and others I have spoken to is when someone says a pattern is "difficult " they want to know why you feel it is difficult. Is it because it has 50 pin tucks that a pain in the back side to do? Is it because there are alot of pieces that go into the pattern that are intricate to put together, and could give you fits if your are not prepared for it? That is what I mean when I am looking for more information.
Trephas2003 said... (12/16/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Sorry about the picture. :-( I liked the fabrics I made the costume with. I used the pants pocket pattern from McCall's shorts pattern 8934. Costume pants patterns seldom come with pockets. It's because the tailcoat & pants had a lot of pattern pieces. How the devil could the review need more info? I poured everything I knew about the pattern into it.
shanntarra said... (12/15/09 5:22 PM) Reply
The picture was unclear. Why did you choose the fabrics that you did? What did you do to put the pocket in the pants? Why to you were the instruction difficult?

Understanding Wool Fabrics