Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9771 (Misses Blouse)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:12/13/09 8:26 PM
Last Updated:12/13/09 8:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
Karendee said... (12/17/09 4:21 PM) Reply
I adore this lovely top and the fabric is just amazing. You seem to make the most perfect matches for fabrics and patterns. Why don't I seem to do that? I'm sorry I'm so late seeing this dynamic duo, but somehow I couldn't find your review. Duh! I've got to sharpen up. Again, great job, as always.
Karendee said... (12/17/09 4:19 PM) Reply
eugenia123 said... (12/15/09 6:21 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I love tops that have draped necklines like that - it goes wonderfully well with the jacket.
ITAdmin said... (12/14/09 3:42 PM) Reply
I can't say that this is my favorite style for a blouse, I would totally steal it just for the gorgeous fabric. It will be a great layering piece, and you did a beautiful job as always.
mssewcrazy said... (12/14/09 2:43 PM) Reply
That is such a nice basic-I have been wanting a couple of these type sleeveless shells to wear with my jackets. Your aunt is going to love having this top.
Barbara V said... (12/14/09 10:59 AM) Reply
The fabric used with this pattern and cut on the bias makes it ever so pretty....very feminine and most lovely with the jacket. Your Aunt is sure to love these two pieces :-)
Em's Summer said... (12/14/09 10:18 AM) Reply
This looks fabulous, Annette! Your Aunt should definitely enjoy it! The red bags look great, too!
Grammy Gin said... (12/14/09 9:49 AM) Reply
This is very smart looking. I love the way you curved the seams & also the way the bottom hangs. I like it that way!Aunt Anna Ruth should love her Christmas gifts!
JoyceP said... (12/14/09 9:45 AM) Reply
It's nice to see that your version came out with the same wonky (as compared to the envelope) drape as mine did. I found that the shoulder seams were placed just WRONG for me so that the "drape" seemed to be choking me. It's laying on the desk awaiting revision or remake right now!
Mahler said... (12/14/09 9:34 AM) Reply
What a lucky aunt. This is soooo chic. I love the jacket as well. Oh lala !
Catbird said... (12/14/09 8:54 AM) Reply
This is so pretty! That bias cut and the neckline drape add so much style to what's really a basic shell. The fabric is gorgeous! I like the deep hemline and the length, which will allow her to wear it untucked. That's the way I like to wear shells also. I hope it turns out to be a nice fit. It will be such a versatile piece in her wardrobe.
Sweetiebop said... (12/14/09 7:07 AM) Reply
I agree with everything you said about this pattern. I love the fabric choice.
FreyaStark said... (12/14/09 6:27 AM) Reply
A lovely top in a gorgeous fabric.
Peggy L said... (12/14/09 4:49 AM) Reply
Very pretty! Lucky Anna Ruth. She'll be able to wear this with so many things.
Nancywin said... (12/14/09 1:07 AM) Reply
I hope it works for her too. I once made a similar blouse from Butterick, but it never did drape right. I think the fabric has to be VERY drapey, like chiffon, tulle, or charmeuse. Jersey would probably work well. Your fabric is very pretty on this.
Athene said... (12/13/09 10:56 PM) Reply
The blouse looks very pretty and I'm sure Auntie will really like it. Also wow that jacket what I can see of it is so nice and the fabric is gorgeous.
Christas said... (12/13/09 10:40 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty blouse! I love the neckline draping. The texture in the fabric is so nice too. She will be able to wear it with so many things. Your Aunt Anna Ruth will have a fit over this (and the new jacket). Your productivity amazes me!
Kay Y said... (12/13/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Wow, what beautiful fabric in such a simple classic top. Love it under the jacket - now I'm off to find that other review!
LisaRM said... (12/13/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Cute. I'm sure your aunt will enjoy!

Elan 645