Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4115 (OOP Men's Separates)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:12/20/09 3:42 PM
Last Updated:4/4/10 3:09 PM

blue mooney said... (10/10/10 7:56 AM) Reply
You and your husband both do great work! Thanks for sharing the details of your Spoonflower experience.
FreyaStark said... (4/4/10 6:08 PM) Reply
Fabulous! A great shirt. You seem to have done well at matching the pattern in front, too.
Christas said... (4/4/10 4:10 PM) Reply
You can't get more original than designing the fabric for a pattern! Wow, that is so neat. The shirt looks really nice, and the fabric makes it extra special.
AnneM said... (1/7/10 9:03 PM) Reply
I love it. Had to show it to my DH who immediate asked where you got the trilobite fabric. Great job, and the fabric sounds luscious.
JEF said... (1/3/10 10:37 AM) Reply
Fantastic!
fourkid said... (1/2/10 8:50 AM) Reply
Fantastic shirt - the pocket is amazing.
dilladop said... (12/23/09 11:09 AM) Reply
I tried to send this in a PM, but not sure it went. Trilobite hat pattern for knitting: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer09/PATTtrilobite.php
Catbird said... (12/22/09 8:03 PM) Reply
You are just FULL of surprises! Years ago I bought a beautiful fossil of a trilobite and they've had a place in my heart ever since. What a great idea, Kay, and what a fantastic shirt. The 'in vino erratus' made laugh, and I know from experience wine + sewing is a troublesome combination. Thank you for another great review and the link to Spoonflower.
nancy2001 said... (12/22/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Wow, Kay. As soon as I saw the shirt in the Gallery, I thought it looked like it came from Neiman Marcus in Honolulu. Then when I read about the custom printed rayon blend fabric incorporating trilobites I was even more impressed. This is a magnificent project that succeeds on every level -- workmanship, originality and overall appearence.
CypGrl said... (12/21/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Glad to learn about Spoonflower. Great shirt!
Nancy K said... (12/21/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Aside from the interesting fabric, it's a beautifully made shirt. Thanks for sharing this great resource
AnitaJ said... (12/21/09 3:18 AM) Reply
Love the trilobites! Beautiful work on the seam finishes and matching of the print at the front and the pocket. Thanks for the tip on Spoonflower too - I must check them out. :)
Peter in NYC said... (12/20/09 9:32 PM) Reply
Who knew trilobites could look so much like polka dots? Love the shirt -- great job!
Karen6790 said... (12/20/09 8:56 PM) Reply
It's a great shirt, obviously, but I LOVE that fabric. It really makes the shirt into something even more special, and how cool is it that your husband designed the fabric? I've got several Spoonflower ideas brewing in my head and you've now reminded me of them. Great shirt.
colorkitten said... (12/20/09 4:50 PM) Reply
I should also have mentioned, you guys did a great job on the print - it's lovely! And the shirt is great too. ^_^
colorkitten said... (12/20/09 4:48 PM) Reply
Great shirt! I'm happy to see something made up in the rayon -- I had a bunch of fabric done at Spoonflower and did use some for kid's clothes but they only had quilting cotton at the time and I didn't really like the fabric sewn up as a garment. This looks so nice - I will definitely think about going back for some of this rayon!
RLL said... (12/20/09 4:04 PM) Reply
How totally cool......the story of the trilobites and your DH's attraction to them. And then that you are able to get the special order fabric. Nice present.

SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern