Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3775 (Misses Knit Dresses)

Reviewed by:Ripple Dandelion

Posted on:12/20/09 7:13 PM
Last Updated:12/20/09 7:20 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
anne jewell said... (6/28/12 1:20 PM) Reply
the dress came out great! thanks for sharing--anne
Soliel said... (12/24/09 7:24 PM) Reply
Hi! I get you about the color issue but I want to tell you...I live on the coast near LA and we wear color!!! The whole color thing is so interesting. Some look down on color as being unsophisticated. Not me! Go to the Bay area...all earth colors (which are wonderful but still, I love color!) and you wear color, you'll stand out. But come where I live, in the summer...lots of beautiful color here. But even here some people I know can't do it. I love "fushia" on gf wrinkled her nose at me. Ridiculous! Fushia is a wonderful color! So just be the colorful you and enjoy their response to your extroverted happy dressing!!!
Rebecca D said... (12/21/09 6:31 AM) Reply
The dress looks lovely on you and I say, Make more! But I know what you mean about something not feeling quite right, so you have to go with your gut. But it sure is awful pretty.
FreyaStark said... (12/21/09 3:05 AM) Reply
Now that you've begun wearing it I hope you get lots of wear out of it. It's smart and distinctive, and much too nice to discard or hide away.
sewing for fun said... (12/21/09 1:17 AM) Reply
Love that bright cheerful fabric! It was a great choice for a lively celebration. Much more fun than black or gray and it shows you have personality.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (12/21/09 0:44 AM) Reply
Really nice outfit. I love that fabric. The black in the cardigan and boots pops.
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/20/09 8:01 PM) Reply
kidmd, this is the only slinky knit I have ever used, but I think it is a very lightweight slinky. It doesn't have that heavy drapey feeling I normally associate with slinky. I would get more of this fabric (well, not this exact print) if I could find it.
kidmd said... (12/20/09 7:47 PM) Reply
Your result is beautiful! I noticed that you used a slinky knit. Have you had any trouble with it sagging at all? Gravity really seem to effect this type of knit for me!
All About Linings