Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5401 (weekender bag)

Viewed 2028 times
Reviewed by:sewywabbit

About sewywabbitstar
Member since: 3/7/02
Posted on:11/21/05 6:59 AM
Last Updated:3/1/04 2:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Debster said... (3/6/06 9:30 PM) Reply
Good review. It made me feel as if I could work with this pattern because of your many suggestions and creative alterations. Tx
Julia Graham said... (4/23/05 10:37 PM) Reply
This really is a helpful review -- I'm making the bag right now and your description of how to put in the bottom is very clear (more so than Loes'!).
CatherineN said... (3/18/04 5:19 PM) Reply
Wonderful Bag! It is so interesting how everyon's version of this pattern looks so different. Such pretty fabric.
Diane E said... (3/16/04 4:19 PM) Reply
Hi, I'm about to make this bag and your review is very helpful to me - the picture of the inside helped me select lining fabric (I wasn't sure whether it would show from the outside or not) and I love the key hook - thanks very much!
AuntieShel said... (3/4/04 7:47 AM) Reply
Oooh, love your bag--the pansy fabric is beautiful--I love pansies. When I first saw this bag made up (in a fabric store) I thought the handles seemed short, but the bag will hold a lot, as you pointed out, so maybe, when full, you wouldn't want to sling it over your shoulder, as longer handles would allow. Great bag, thank you for review.
sailonsilvergirl said... (3/2/04 11:00 PM) Reply
Lou. said... (3/2/04 10:22 AM) Reply
Your bag is so much nice then the pattern photo!
Mbarkle said... (3/2/04 8:29 AM) Reply
Gorgeous bag!
LindaB said... (3/2/04 8:26 AM) Reply
How Cute ! I am going to get this pattern. Thank you.
Karla Kizer said... (3/2/04 6:15 AM) Reply
I should have commented earlier on what a beautiful print you used for your bag. I don't think I've seen a tapestry fabric like it anywhere. Nice choice!
Gail S said... (3/1/04 5:03 PM) Reply
Very Sharp! I love the fabric.
Karla Kizer said... (3/1/04 4:16 PM) Reply
"When I first started reading them, it seemed that the pattern called for you to sew the short ends of the bottom between the straps on the front." That part of the directions threw me at first, too. Other than that, I thought the directions were good. Mine is almost done...
Melissa S. said... (3/1/04 2:59 PM) Reply
Great looking bag! I like the elastic idea for the water bottle. Why didn't I think of that?!?