Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2508 (Project Runway Misses Coat)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08
Posted on:2/22/10 7:49 PM
Last Updated:2/22/10 8:13 PM
Simplicity: 2508 by Terri A

Simplicity: 2508 by Terri A Simplicity: 2508 by Terri A Simplicity: 2508 by Terri A
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

DaisyDammit said... (8/8/10 7:01 AM) Reply
wow! I bought this pattern last year but haven't yet worked up the courage to attempt it. I LOVE your version, especially the colour. Looks like you could have spent hundreds of in a boutique for this. Beautiful coat.
esined said... (5/15/10 8:50 PM) Reply
Love the fabric, collar, cuffs - fantastic!
valerie sews said... (3/6/10 10:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I'd been resisting this pattern but your review made me finally cave in. :)
avancleve said... (2/24/10 10:57 AM) Reply
LOVE this coat! Your daughter is a lucky girl.
Jatman said... (2/23/10 2:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for a great review! LOVE the video review! And the coat is really cute - great use of the lambswool and the chiffon - they look great together.
dingyadi said... (2/23/10 11:49 AM) Reply
You always make the most divine things, and take lovely and interesting photos. You have just racked up another one as this is fantastic.
Byrdie said... (2/23/10 9:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! Love the colors you chose.
Woolygal said... (2/23/10 8:29 AM) Reply
Great review of a great coat. Thanks.
becca a said... (2/23/10 8:07 AM) Reply
Lovely coat! Thanks for the very detailed review. Love your video.
Rebecca D said... (2/23/10 7:03 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. What lovely workmanship.
Michele Lommasson said... (2/22/10 11:56 PM) Reply
Truly darling coat.
Angien said... (2/22/10 11:38 PM) Reply
your coat is adorable!
MaryDB said... (2/22/10 10:22 PM) Reply
Terrific coat, turned out great. I especially love the lining. Nice work. Nice to see that fuschia lambswool made up, too.
Victoria B said... (2/22/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Your coat is very beautiful and it's great that all your hard work turned out such a great piece. Bravo!!!
milwaukee_kelly said... (2/22/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Very nice construction. Makes me want to give this pattern a shot.
Athene said... (2/22/10 10:08 PM) Reply
A lovely coat and really enjoyed watching the video.
Athene said... (2/22/10 10:07 PM) Reply
A lovely coat and really enjoyed watching the video.
lamstu said... (2/22/10 9:53 PM) Reply
Great coat with nice workmanship. Love the lining. Lining the patch pockets this way produces better edges in my experience. I have a similar fabric that I was ready to put away til next winter, but now I'm inspired to make it up even if there isn't much winter left here :)
michelle_01 said... (2/22/10 9:47 PM) Reply
Wow, your coat looks great! And I love the fun lining. I wouldn't think to put that together but it goes great.
Lori V said... (2/22/10 9:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat.
Terri A said... (2/22/10 9:18 PM) Reply
My daughter didn't care if it was breathable, she just wanted it extra warm, so we went with a polar fleece, in white, so the lining would have a white background. I know there are better interlinings, but that's what we did. I would like to try out thinsulate someday.
colorkitten said... (2/22/10 9:06 PM) Reply
Fantastic! What a beautiful coat! I'm so glad I have some of that lambswool. What did you use as your interlining?
loti said... (2/22/10 8:21 PM) Reply
I love that lining, doesn't look like a chiffon at all, and it fits well, congrats on a job well done.
Terri A said... (2/22/10 8:10 PM) Reply
Thank you:-) The pictures show the true color and it is not your typical fuchsia people think of. I mentioned the name of the fabric as everyone was buying it up and they would know which one I meant. The fuchsia aspect is not the predominate color, but more of an incorporated hint with lots of dark purple coming through... So many people have already made cute coats with this fabric! It really pops!
Rhoda K said... (2/22/10 8:06 PM) Reply
Very nice coat, I love the style. I just watched your video and you say the coat is fushia but shows almost purple in the photo. That's photos/videos for ya ;-0. Great job.
Christas said... (2/22/10 8:05 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern at the last pattern sale. I was on a "Pattern Diet", but it was too cute to pass up! The coat you made is wonderful and so nicely sewn! Glad you are also going to make yourself one to wear.

Other 0000