Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2008-117 (Runway Trenchcoat)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

FirecrackerKTM said... (1/25/10 4:11 PM) Reply
Wow. This is amazing.
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/5/10 2:34 PM) Reply
nancy2001 said... (1/2/10 7:52 PM) Reply
What an absolutely stunning dress, exquisite in every day. Your workmanship is impeccable.
lilyofthevalley said... (1/2/10 2:26 PM) Reply
Breathtakingly exquisite, Lily
Jane S said... (12/28/09 7:44 AM) Reply
Wow, this is more spectacular than the pouty Burda picture. Fantastic work, thanks for sharing something so beautiful.
rozzybabe said... (12/26/09 2:40 PM) Reply
I cannot believe the amount of work you put into this! Brilliant technique ideas to make it reversable; I've saved your blog to read more details later. Your daughter is one lucky lady!!!
jkaori said... (12/26/09 10:02 AM) Reply
I love how you made this reversible. Beautiful!
Jolet said... (12/25/09 7:41 AM) Reply
What a wonderful coat, and such a tremendous effort you put into it! Great result, I think you will get a lot of compliments walking down the street!
Karendee said... (12/24/09 7:37 PM) Reply
This might be the most amazing garment I've ever seen. I adore this coat, the fabrics and your workmanship. Then, as an added bonus, your review is so thorough and helpful. Thanks!
blessedtosew said... (12/24/09 5:27 PM) Reply
That is AMAZING!!!! Thank you for the detailed instructions. This pattern has been sitting on my back burner to do, but it may have to move to the front very quickly.
Lisa p said... (12/24/09 4:43 PM) Reply
This is a work of art .
moushka said... (12/24/09 2:54 PM) Reply
edited for double post.
LollyVee said... (12/24/09 1:35 PM) Reply
That coat/dress is the best garment I've seen on PR...and I WANT IT!!! Your daugter is a very lucky girl! What a spectacular gift. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Beek said... (12/24/09 10:09 AM) Reply
Cute coat-dress! Yes, I was eyeing all of those lovely Cache silks, too! You've created a beauty with this one.
JoanneM said... (12/24/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Thank you Birgitte. It is truly stunning and your advice is valuable. May your daughter enjoy this coat and I am sure she will!
sewbehind said... (12/24/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Well done. The details are lovely.
Sic said... (12/24/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Stunning! She will love it!
colorkitten said... (12/24/09 9:13 AM) Reply
it's gorgeous! I hope you add a photo of it modelled after she gets it!
Catbird said... (12/24/09 8:47 AM) Reply
H-O-L-Y m-a-c-k-e-r-e-l.... This is stunning. Of all the delicious details, the "edges" photo probably thrilled me the most. The thought process and then the exquisite execution -- I just love it. Wish I could have seen you as an "overstuffed teddy bear" :-)) The fabrics are spectacular. Please do post photos of her wearing it. I agree wholeheartedly with Annette -- you need to boost your ranking, and we need a 'Birgitte' ranking over and above couture/expert! I wish you and your family a peaceful and Merry Christmas!
JuneHawk said... (12/24/09 8:38 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. This coat is on my to-sew list but I live in Miami so I have no NEED for it. I don't care though, I will make it for next winter.
ladylola said... (12/24/09 8:33 AM) Reply
Wow! Amazing coat! She will love it!
Lori V said... (12/24/09 8:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful work, this jacket is so incredible.
moushka said... (12/24/09 7:51 AM) Reply
All I want for Christmas is....ONE garment sewn by Birgitte! Unbelievably beautiful dress, lucky, lucky dd. Please post a picture of her wearing it. Excellent review, as always. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/24/09 6:37 AM) Reply
That is simply amazing. The construction and design are perfect, and then add in that color--wow.
BillieJean said... (12/24/09 6:05 AM) Reply
What an absolute labor of love this is. I'm sure your daughter will love it - it is gorgeous!
Margie T said... (12/24/09 3:37 AM) Reply
What a beautiful trenchcoat! Your daughter is very lucky! Thanks for a great review.
Annette1 said... (12/24/09 2:08 AM) Reply
AND ... good grief! You need to promote yourself and up that skill level ranking. We need a "Birgitte" level right above couture/expert. :o)
Twinset said... (12/24/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Breathtaking and exquisite workmanship, as always! Thanks for the ultra detailed review too.
Annette1 said... (12/24/09 2:06 AM) Reply
You have OUTDONE even YOURSELF on this FABULOUS coat dress. I can't WAIT to see pictures of your daughter in it. I wish I could be there when she gets it. :o) Your reviews are so far above the rest of us it's just ridiculous -- ha! Your pictures tell the story through every step of the process. YOUR designs exemplify why I say I DON'T strive for ready-to-wear ANYTHING. :o)
CynthiaSue said... (12/24/09 1:24 AM) Reply
yowsa! you are too good to that girl! You always take something amazing and make it even more amazing. Your garments are always totally original.
dingyadi said... (12/24/09 0:56 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous!
ssssdeb said... (12/23/09 11:58 PM) Reply
That is one fantastic coat!
Sew4Fun said... (12/23/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Exquisite! Love the colour and the lining.
Karen6790 said... (12/23/09 11:31 PM) Reply
That is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color, and the combination of fabrics - how cool that it's reversible. You made a great pattern even better. If it doesn't fit your daughter, I bet you could auction it off here. Beautiful.
Peter in NYC said... (12/23/09 11:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the color.
QuiltersFan said... (12/23/09 10:56 PM) Reply
Wow, love the dress. Lucky daughter.
Athene said... (12/23/09 10:25 PM) Reply
A lovely coat dress. Aways enjoy seeing your reviews - so many good pictures and details described.
racehorse said... (12/23/09 9:45 PM) Reply
Once again, beautiful work! I'm in awe of your talents!

Period Patterns 16: Tunics