Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 06-2007-5 (Wrapover singlet)

Reviewed by:Evil Olive

About Evil Olivestar
SWEDEN
Member since: 6/19/06
Posted on:12/26/09 9:07 AM

morzel said... (2/4/10 3:58 PM) Reply
What a great onesie!! Wonderful fabric, great combo!
Sandi S said... (12/27/09 11:08 AM) Reply
adorable outfit - that little fellow looks pleased with his stylish and comfy clothes!
Evil Olive said... (12/27/09 4:21 AM) Reply

j222b said... (12/26/09 8:07 PM) Reply
EvilOlive: I wonder if Testors paint might work. I'll try some of that. Thanks for the idea.
Evil Olive said... (12/26/09 6:55 PM) Reply
@j222b: I use metal paint I have left from a craft project, and old car paint I found in my Dad's garage... The downside is it has to dry for at least ten days before it can come into contact with water.
j222b said... (12/26/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Here's another question: what kind of paint do you use to paint the snap fasteners. You are clever.
j222b said... (12/26/09 6:23 PM) Reply
evil Olive: Thanks for the reply!
Evil Olive said... (12/26/09 6:20 PM) Reply
Thank you! @j22b: The penguins on the trousers are iron-on appliques, from the same shop as the fabric. When i bought them, I didn't know what to to with them, I just knew I had to have them! @Katharine in BXL: In Sweden wraparound bodysuits range from approx. $10 to $25. For 10 dollars worth of fabric I can get two bodysuits and two pairs of trousers. And I buy the snap fasteners in bulk and paint them myself!
Katharine in BXL said... (12/26/09 3:10 PM) Reply
No way! I just made the jacket from this issue! (Pictured with the Ottobre Lola leggings two patterns after this one in the Gallery.) Thanks for reviewing, and what an adorable photo. From the thumbnail that adorable little boy looks like a tiny samurai :) BTW, how much do you see wraparound jackets going for? I bought a 100% cotton one for � 3, which makes it cheaper than sewing with the least expensive cotton fabric and notions that can be found here :(
j222b said... (12/26/09 12:44 PM) Reply
Nice! I love the penguin fabric. How did you get the cute little penguin on the pants? Applique? Please explain.

StyleArc Marie Jacket