Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3123

Posted on:12/27/09 6:32 AM
Last Updated:12/30/09 6:40 AM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets
Hilary said... (9/8/10 10:39 AM) Reply
This turned out great!! Looks like a perfect fit. I have this and need to make it for DH soon :p although I doubt he'll ever have snow to wear it in, lol! South TX heat and all-wish I could see some snow! Thanks for the great review!
Sanibelle said... (12/30/09 1:19 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the larger photo! What a great looking jacket. Now to go show it to DH.... :)
Quilt2Quilt said... (12/30/09 12:01 PM) Reply
Excellent job. You did a great job sharing some sewing tips. From one beginner to another - you're no beginner! Thanks for the great review. I'll try this pattern now.
TracyTheMaterialGirl said... (12/30/09 11:50 AM) Reply
It looks fantastic - so much nicer than the pattern illustration. I'm sure the pattern would sell a lot more if it had a picture of your jacket on instead!
Sherril Miller said... (12/28/09 11:33 AM) Reply
I hope you take Sanibelle's advice because I too would love to see a close-up of that jacket. It looks great in the thumbnail.
carolynw said... (12/28/09 10:25 AM) Reply
It looks like a very nice jacket and you certainly put a lot of effort into it - hope soon you will post a larger photo
Karine said... (12/28/09 9:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review. Your jacket looks very RTW. I, too, would love to see a larger pic!
Sanibelle said... (12/28/09 2:59 AM) Reply
You don't need to be a paying member to be able to post your photos at PR (only if you want to store them at PR). There are websites that host photos for free (such as Photobucket, Flickr, Picasa...). You could upload your photos to PR from one of those. I've never used any of them, so I can't give you a personal recommendation, but if you do a search of the boards, you'll find several threads discussing them. Thanks for a great review!
Annette1 said... (12/27/09 2:59 PM) Reply
VERY nice jacket and a GREAT review. I got out my trusty "virtual magnifying glass," and enlarged the picture as much as I could on my screen without blurring, and I can see that it's very nicely made. All of the details that you incorporated are very well thought-out, too. This is really a nice pattern. Maybe I need to add it to my stash, JUST IN CASE -- ha!
Manalto said... (12/27/09 12:23 PM) Reply
Oh, unless I'm mistaken, I'd have to become a "Friend" which would cost me $30, to post a photo large enough for you to see. I'm sorry, but I don't feel that I'm active enough yet to merit the subscription fee.
Elona said... (12/27/09 12:19 PM) Reply
Your commentary is great, and if I could just see that teeny photo better, I'm sure the jacket is terrific. Here is a link to handling photos in your reviews: http://www.friendsofpr.com/cgi-bin/upload.pl Note that the photo cannot be enlarged once posted in a review. You have to resize your own picture on your computer or your photo website first, and then re-upload it.
Re Becca said... (12/27/09 10:06 AM) Reply
You made a great jacket. I agree, you should change your skill level. As for the picture, you might want to make sure that you have a copy in the "review gallery" spot of the review. I still have to figure these things out myself, good luck.
mesewlot said... (12/27/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Did you say beginner? Wow! You seem to know your stuff. Very well done!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (12/27/09 8:35 AM) Reply
"As a beginner..." NOT!! Great review!! (I'D say that "beginners" wouldn't know how to "tweek" patterns and make changes, eh ;) Kudos!!
Manalto said... (12/27/09 7:45 AM) Reply
I downloaded the photo according to instructions - how do you make it so that it will enlarge? Thanks for the hammer tip, Nancy! Great idea. I assume that you remove the garment from the sewing machine before hitting it with a hammer, ha, ha.
craftygamma said... (12/27/09 7:29 AM) Reply
Wow, impressive construction techniques! Your pic does not enlarge, and I sure would like to see it closer up.
Nancy Rhodes said... (12/27/09 7:25 AM) Reply
Hi! Wish I could see a larger picture of your jacket. It looks very nice...Interesting choice of sail cloth for the interfacings.. I have been told using a hammer on thick denim crossing seams makes those areas easier to stitch over as it flatten & softens a bit. Great review! lots of information on how you constructed your jacket. Thank you for sharing.

by: petro