Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5424 ( MISSES' REVERSIBLE JACKET)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:12/27/09 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 32 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

pottedpancake said... (7/4/12 8:38 AM) Reply
Annette, this jacket is stunning. I love everything about it, especially the trim--I think it pulls the fabrics together and highlights them beautifully without overwhelming. Your sewmanship is extraordinary. Love, love, love it. Thanks for the review and the very helpful pix.
JillyBe said... (1/4/11 7:02 PM) Reply
I hereby declare you the Queen Of Fabulous Jackets. And I definitely need to check out that fleece/satin lining! It might just replace the bemberg I was going to use on my winter coat.... Oh, and I LOVE your label!!! :D
Ruth Designs said... (9/12/10 8:04 AM) Reply
You did a great job, your jacket is cut!
KathySews said... (1/30/10 6:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I must figure out how to flag your reviews so I can use them as tutorials when I sew. In fact, maybe I should only sew after you have done a review. Thanks for a great read.
RadarRadiance said... (1/9/10 10:01 PM) Reply
Ecxellent review and it looks great on you!
Athene said... (1/3/10 0:12 AM) Reply
Another fabulous jacket - you definitely are the jacket Queen.
marjenann said... (12/30/09 9:12 AM) Reply
Drop dead gorgeous!!!
Bunsnpigs said... (12/29/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! It is so much nicer than the one on the pattern envelope! Thank you for the great review!!
fuzzygalore said... (12/29/09 7:44 AM) Reply
Adorable! You may not like the behavior of the trim, but I like the look of it. And it goes great with your beautiful floppy hat. You did well not to make it smaller - dropped sleeves really need a lot of bust ease if you're going to be able to move your arms. You could probably have gotten away with no lining on that basis as well, but never mind that now. Hope you're warm enough with all this :-).
Heatherrique said... (12/28/09 8:28 PM) Reply
BELLISIMA, Annette! Such a luxurious and chic jacket. I'll keep that Kasha lining in mind next time. Lovely use of fabric, style, trim, and those buttons are just too cool. Definitely a jacket that is fun and practical to wear!
HeyJane said... (12/28/09 6:47 PM) Reply
That is so beautiful! I like the braid! I always having trouble finding those types of braids for jackets, please reveal sources? The fabrics you chose are so gorgeous. You really look great in your latest jacket.
AuntieShel said... (12/28/09 4:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
Grammy Gin said... (12/28/09 2:24 PM) Reply
What a neat jacket. Love the lining... learned something new there. I'm so glad you have time to sew!!
becca a said... (12/28/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Your coat is so warm and cozy. Thank you for the very detailed and helpful review.
Diane333 said... (12/28/09 10:26 AM) Reply
I really love your jacket and how carefully you crafted it. Also appreciate how you type up your review and include the envelope front/back.
Danvillegirl said... (12/28/09 8:34 AM) Reply
You always make such beautiful jackets and coats. This no exception. I know you don't like the trim but I think it sets off the contrast beautifully! What great looking lining, I bet it feels sumptuous as well. Really love this jacket.
ITAdmin said... (12/28/09 5:56 AM) Reply
I really like this, Annette. Fabric, contrast, binding, closures, pretty much everything. You outdid yourself.
o3b said... (12/28/09 4:06 AM) Reply
That is one lovely jacket! I would never have guessed that those buttons were not full depth.
CynthiaSue said... (12/28/09 0:26 AM) Reply
This looks so luxurious. Gorgeous, gorgeous style. Gorgeous you. Gorgeous hat!! Is that from KellieR?? I agree, so warm and cozy yet totally ultra tailored-like Ann Taylor or Cold Water Creek, Talbots? Whatever. I love it. you are so talented.
Re Becca said... (12/27/09 10:04 PM) Reply
Fabulous! You look absolutely darling!
persevering said... (12/27/09 9:01 PM) Reply
A great review and a beautiful jacket - Congratulations!
Darla in PA said... (12/27/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Very nice winter jacket! Hope you get to wear it a lot and not have to bring out the down coat.
Batik said... (12/27/09 7:25 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat and such interesting design features.
Sweetiebop said... (12/27/09 7:16 PM) Reply
Oh wow this jacket is so cute.
RLL said... (12/27/09 6:18 PM) Reply
I L O V E your new coat. You look wonderful in it.
BillieJean said... (12/27/09 6:01 PM) Reply
As usual, a beautiful end product and wonderfully helpful review. It's nice to see you again.
carolynw said... (12/27/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Oh this is so lovely and you look ready for Paris madam with your hat and all. Another excellent review and what can I say about your work - exceptional as always - I like the look of the foldover braid and the combination of pattern and fabric. Guess this is another pattern you made me have to add to my must get list.
CTBarb said... (12/27/09 4:35 PM) Reply
Wonderful combination of fabrics and trims. I think the foldover braid is a winner...it sets off the plaid and the taupe, and emphasizes what turned out to be great lines. And as always I am in awe of your workmanship.
ALY said... (12/27/09 4:21 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I like the combination of wools you used and I think the braid looks great with them. It looks incredibly warm and comfortable.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (12/27/09 3:54 PM) Reply
"YOU look mar-velous, sim-ply mar-velous!!" So classy, so cute, so you!!
cmarie12 said... (12/27/09 3:00 PM) Reply
This is stunning on you and I'm sorry darlin' but the foldover braid doesn't look cheap at all in the pics! You've made me look at that pattern again cause I had pegged it as a loser!
Karendee said... (12/27/09 2:42 PM) Reply
WOW!!!!! It's been said before, but this wonderful coat is one big wow! The workmanship is perfect, as usual--and the final product is to die for. Where is this cheap look with the braid? My eyes see an elegant braid accenting the plaid and solid of this coat. Along with the silver (half) toggles (which I really like BTW), the trim just emphasizes the lines of the coat beautifully. You have certainly made a winner and the pics help to visualize each step of the way. I know you will enjoy this "sassy coat" on your drives around NE in the winter. Enjoy!!!!!
Michele Lommasson said... (12/27/09 2:37 PM) Reply
What a darling jacket. Looks very nice on you. Thanks for the review.
Morisot said... (12/27/09 2:27 PM) Reply
That looks great. Very nicely done. Enjoyed your review. LOL.
sewtime said... (12/27/09 2:26 PM) Reply
Beautifully made!!! You will enjoy your jacket year after year!!!!
DaisyEsq said... (12/27/09 2:23 PM) Reply
I love the style and fabric you used for your jacket. You wear it so well!
Christas said... (12/27/09 2:16 PM) Reply
"IF you had a walking foot" ....... always thinking of others more than yourself! This jacket is so beautiful. You made me laugh about half buttons. I also learn so much with your reviews. Thanks for another great one! Enjoy wearing your gorgeousimo jacket!
Catbird said... (12/27/09 2:14 PM) Reply
I love this jacket on you! What a great idea to blend the two styles so that you have the shapely princess seam bodice and the more modest-sized collar, which go so well together. I LOVE those toggle buttons -- they're made of metal, right? The whole thing looks deliciously warm and cozy but still tailored and chic, all pulled together by that dark trim. The lining is gorgeous. THANK YOU for another superb and funny review! I like your last line....:-))
Em's Summer said... (12/27/09 2:13 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! It is exquisite!
Mermie said... (12/27/09 2:13 PM) Reply
I really like your coat and it looks so good on you. I'm also in Nebraska and I have a feeling you will be wearing your coat a LOT this winter. Great review, as usual. Stay warm!
Meggie LuLu said... (12/27/09 2:09 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Annette, that is one PRETTY jacket!! I bet you will get a LOT of wear out of it!! You did a great job on all the sewing! =)

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt