Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7975 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

About blue mooneystarstarstar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:12/27/09 2:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

Christas said... (1/17/10 10:05 AM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this review! I love the top stitching and the color of your jacket. The style is great. I am sure you have worn it often. Wish you had another sewing class near Meggie and me!
persevering said... (1/3/10 2:47 PM) Reply
Blue mooney, Thank you for clearly explaining how you did the shoulder adjustment. I'm certain this will help me a lot when I actually am able to start sewing again. I have had this pattern and the right fabric for quite some time and it is just so what I want to make.
JoyceP said... (1/2/10 11:07 AM) Reply
Really nice outcome for your Plan "B"! Like many others, I compliment you on that lovely topstitching, it gives the jacket pizazz ;-)
sewnsewtoo said... (12/29/09 2:19 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I especially like the topstitching. Very effective.
KristenI said... (12/28/09 8:53 PM) Reply
Love it Robyn! What a great idea, thanks for reviewing.
Sherril Miller said... (12/28/09 11:24 AM) Reply
This cardigan is lovely. I think the color is timeless along with the style. Your topstitching is the perfect touch. When you out-shrink this one, send it my way!
carolynw said... (12/28/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Lovely - just about finished a jacket from this pattern (will review) - this is such a classic pattern - a real must have - I have it in both size sets!!
mastdenman said... (12/28/09 10:13 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. Love the top stitching.
becca a said... (12/28/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I love the color and the top-stitching detail.
Karine said... (12/28/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Great jacket - love the topstitching. I was thinking about this pattern for a felted jersey unstructured jacket after seeing the cover article in this month's Threads magazine.
Danvillegirl said... (12/28/09 8:35 AM) Reply
Pretty teal jacket! Plan B really worked well.
blue mooney said... (12/28/09 7:34 AM) Reply
Persevering, to narrow the shoulder in this case all I did was shave off on the side backs and fronts above the armscye notches, gradually widening the amount I was cutting off as I approached the shoulder seam. In the end, the width of the shoulder was reduced by 5/8".
Peggy L said... (12/28/09 7:15 AM) Reply
This turned out perfect! I love the five rows of topstitching. Looks like one of those garments you'll wear often. I'm sure that color looks fabulous on you!
Athene said... (12/28/09 5:47 AM) Reply
A wonderful jacket. I love all the topstitching.
jannw said... (12/28/09 0:32 AM) Reply
very, very nice..looks perfect..what a nice use of your fabric
Robin Denning said... (12/27/09 9:48 PM) Reply
This is utterly gorgeous. What a great eye you have.
Wino said... (12/27/09 8:44 PM) Reply
Love the topstitching!
persevering said... (12/27/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Congratulations, your jacket is beautiful! Can you please explain a little more if you can? 1) what you did exactly to narrow the shoulder (in your case of not using shoulder pads), 2) re: sizing - how much ease you think is suitable for bust, waist....
LisaRM said... (12/27/09 7:12 PM) Reply
Love the topstitching. The color is lovely.
blue mooney said... (12/27/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Ripple, the facings were the only thing I interfaced. At first I thought maybe the topstitching would be enough to stabilize the neck & front, but in the end I'm glad I interfaced, too.
RLL said... (12/27/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful.....plan B is a winner!
Ripple Dandelion said... (12/27/09 6:01 PM) Reply
I really like it--style, color and topstitching details. Did you also interface the facings?
ALY said... (12/27/09 4:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I really like the color and the topstitching. I'm am sure it will be super comfortable to wear made in the shrunken wool jersey.
Camerio said... (12/27/09 3:35 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Annette1 said... (12/27/09 3:22 PM) Reply
This is such a lovely jacket. I really admire all those PERFECT rows of topstitching!
mollyshark said... (12/27/09 2:47 PM) Reply
I love the topstitching. On a bouncy wool like that the topstitching provides a nice texture. Great job.

Kwik Sew 3521