Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2900 (Misses' t-shirts & turtleneck)

Reviewed by:sailonsilvergirl

About sailonsilvergirlstar
IL USA
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:3/3/04 11:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Maternity
Sew it seams said... (6/2/04 7:32 AM) Reply
Debtro, that's a really nice sweater. I've never sewn on a sweater knit. You did a really nice job on the v-neck with the trim you added. It looks like a RTW sweater. Thank you for the very intertaining review!
Danvillegirl said... (3/5/04 7:22 PM) Reply
Very good review. Like to read hits and misses or trial and errors. Makes me realize that this happends to every one. Your top looks very nice.
sailonsilvergirl said... (3/5/04 6:35 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments!! It's very encouraging to me! And yeah, regarding beginner experiences ... ugh, I have a tug-of-war right now about "new sleeve" or "Vogue 7799 sweater"? I thought no one would notice if I left the off-grain sleeve alone, but first question DH had was, what are those folds on the sleeve?!!! Ha ha, gotta love 'em!
Liana said... (3/5/04 11:03 AM) Reply
Very nice results! Why do we have to have these "learning experiences" though? Sounds like we have the same fitting issues.
JDpenelope said... (3/5/04 8:30 AM) Reply
Your review was fun, and consoling, to read--sounds so much like my "beginner" experiences! As a beginner, I should plod along with the basics, but I find that's just too boring! Sounds like you might have a similar approach.
Deepika said... (3/5/04 6:57 AM) Reply
This is indeed a very well fitting shirt. I love the fabric too. I have this pattern, I wonder why I never made it. Thanks for the helpful review.
Annette H said... (3/5/04 5:57 AM) Reply
Very becoming V-neck and enviable fit - professional.
CatherineN said... (3/4/04 10:29 PM) Reply
Good looking top! Your choice of color, trim and length are becoming.
jlg said... (3/4/04 5:41 PM) Reply
Very nice looking on you. Congratulations on the fit.
Aunt Cathy said... (3/4/04 9:13 AM) Reply
Debtro - I love your sweater and your most informative and entertaining review! Great fit on you!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (3/4/04 9:07 AM) Reply
I like the contrast idea!
AuntieShel said... (3/4/04 7:52 AM) Reply
Your top looks great on you--wonderful fit.
Sammie said... (3/4/04 2:50 AM) Reply
This top turned out really well in sweater knit - it looks very nice on you!
Asa Hagstrom said... (3/4/04 2:04 AM) Reply
Debtro, I like your top, esp. the trim! I also much prefer doing to re-doing -- who doesn't? :)
Nikki said... (3/3/04 11:17 PM) Reply
Wow, I've made this pattern tons of times in interlock, but never thought about sweater knits, I'll have to try that, thanks! BTW, I have to add 1.5" to the sleeve length :)

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122