Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2804 (Misses Knit Mini Dress or Top)

Reviewed by:racehorse

About racehorsestarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 7/12/09
Posted on:12/31/09 2:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
racehorse said... (1/1/10 10:48 AM) Reply
jannw I was using jersey ball point, as well as universal needles. The universal broke and the ball point needle bounced off the fabric.
jannw said... (12/31/09 9:37 PM) Reply
Interesting about the needles..what type were you using? I do like your sleeve length better than the pattern photo..
FreyaStark said... (12/31/09 8:29 PM) Reply
Very smart. I agree with you about patterns and fabrics. The fabric usually comes first for me, too.
JudiBee2 said... (12/31/09 5:15 PM) Reply
Coincidence? I made one in a metalliic knit and am wearing it now. I made Kwik Sew bicycle tights and top in black lycra to wear under it. I made it longer and added side slits. It is easy to make and has a nice forgiving silhouette. My fabric is strange also. I serged but did the hem by hand. I took extra fabric to face the slits. I think I could make it into a summer dress and just throw on to go shopping. If making longer, either change the waist with a seam or flate the skirt. Slits won't work without tights! My fabric was fabric Mart, too. I have also made several other versions of it. I really like to make a few garments quickly. Plain garments can always be spiffed up with accessories if needed.
JEF said... (12/31/09 5:11 PM) Reply
This is adorable and looks so good on you and comfy. The fabric is very pretty, sorry it was a bear to work with.

by: Jemajyng