Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
In this video, you learn how to:
  • Use some of the basic tools
  • Choose fabric
  • Use patterns
  • Measure yourself for patterns
  • Trace and cut out the pattern
  • Lay out and cut out the pattern from fabric
  • Stitch together and press your skirt
You'll also learn about sewing machine features and pattern language and symbols.

Let Deepika demystify the process of sewing for you! Take this class!

Complete List of Videos

1. Introduction and Tools
  2. Fabric Types
  3. What the Information on the Pattern Envelope Means
  4. Types of Patterns and What the Markings Mean
  5. Taking Body Measurements
  6. Tracing the Patterns and Understanding Markings
  7. Preparing the Fabric, Laying Out the Pattern Pieces, and Cutting Out the Fabric
  8. Getting to Know your Sewing Machine
  9. Sewing the Skirt
">Sewing Basics Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2100 (Misses' Panties)

Reviewed by:li'l miss muffett

About li'l miss muffettstar
KS USA
Member since: 1/25/07
Posted on:12/30/09 5:51 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
li'l miss muffett said... (12/8/10 9:14 AM) Reply
Thanks, Hilary! I'm sure you're right about the fabric. I'm thinking I need a new pair of yellow undies too! ;-)
Hilary said... (12/7/10 6:22 AM) Reply
Great panties! I love KS pantie patterns too-and I agree with o3b, the pattern was probably drafted for less stretchy fabrics than we have available today. Thanks for the tip on yellow panties/NYEve bringing good luck :p lol! maybe I'll try that... :o)
loti said... (2/4/10 10:27 AM) Reply
The organza trim was a really nice touch, and I love that bow. Great pair of undies!
o3b said... (1/4/10 3:18 AM) Reply
It's good to know a pattern that holds up when you are "shakin' your groove thing"...or in my case, at the gym, and I want them to stay put. :) I think the sizing is off b/c they are designed for nylon tricot, which was pre-lycra in my mind. I have some KS's that also have to be sized down at least 2 sizes. They were designed for the nylon/tricot and I use cotton/lycra.
li'l miss muffett said... (1/3/10 9:02 PM) Reply
Oh gosh, Bobbie! You are too sweet! Thanks everyone for your comments! These undies were so comfy even when I was shakin' my groove thang on the dance floor New Year's Eve.
Bobinator said... (1/3/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Heather, As usual your abilities are beyond compare! You always set the bar high. And these panties are cute, cute, cute!!!!!
FreyaStark said... (1/1/10 3:58 AM) Reply
They're really cute.
mhk3boys said... (12/31/09 12:04 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and my complaint was they were too big! Maybe I will size down also. You are so right about their instructions being great. Your panties look great!
katlew03 said... (12/30/09 9:43 PM) Reply
I had forgotten how quick and easy KS panties are. I made all of my DDs when they were young but that is quite a few years ago. I'll have to get a pattern and make some for myself since I can't find anything on the market that fits right. Yours turned out great.

Sewing Workshop Nikko Jacket Pattern