Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9958 (Mens and Boys Boxers)

Reviewed by:Georgia

Pattern Size:Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)    Mens - Pants
jennie k said... (4/24/04 1:29 AM) Reply
Georgia, yours look delightful. I can't seem to get this pattern to work in fitting my bf (no side seams, so the adjustments I tried didn't work-- i'm probably doing them wrong.) Yours look great!
Georgia said... (3/6/04 11:11 AM) Reply
Ann, it appears as if they're missing a step in the instructions or perhaps they're just unclear. I have never done a front fly before, but I watched Sandra's video at the Threads website, so I knew something was wrong with the instructions, but couldn't pin it down.
Ann C said... (3/6/04 9:38 AM) Reply
I recently sewed up upwards of a dozen of these for nephews and my son in flannel. I didn't have any problems with the fly, but then I didn't apply any fasteners for these young ones! As far as I know, the garments are being enjoyed.
Allison72 said... (3/6/04 6:31 AM) Reply
I am so glad that I'm not the only one who was stumped by the front fly! Yours turned out well and the fabric is really nice. I love Walmart's bargain bin. I've always had really great luck with it. Also, I'm with you on the dislike of the tighty whities! Thanks for the review.
ReneeO said... (3/5/04 10:11 PM) Reply
They look great, Georgia. DH has been asking for me to sew this pattern for months. As fate would have I just returned from wally world with some cottons. Thanks for the inspiration.

All About Linings