Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1020 (MISSES' JACKET, TOP, DRESS, SK)

Reviewed by:Victoria B

About Victoria Bstarstarstar
Member since: 2/19/08
Posted on:1/4/10 6:04 PM
Last Updated:11/7/10 4:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
kim*brown said... (11/10/10 1:21 PM) Reply
This dress really accentuates your vulptuous curves in all the right places. I want one now, cause I think it might make my booty look young again! LOL
Barbara V said... (11/9/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Both versions are so pretty and look fabulous on you!
VirginiasDghter said... (11/8/10 3:56 PM) Reply
Nice dresses! Both of them! You've done a great job at showcasing knit at it's finest! Nice work!
Leora said... (11/8/10 2:58 PM) Reply
I have this pattern yet never looked at the dress before today. It looks amazing on you!!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/8/10 1:07 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. Fits you perfectly.
Rebecca D said... (11/8/10 6:34 AM) Reply
Wowza, lady - you are a stunner in this dress! I just love it and I may go plunk around Joanns to see if I can find this fabric. Great job.
Erin D said... (11/7/10 10:18 PM) Reply
Superfabulous-love the stretch lace.
Christas said... (11/7/10 9:42 PM) Reply
Both versions look wonderful on you ...... beautiful sewing!
Elke said... (11/7/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress and it looks great on you!
marec said... (11/7/10 8:47 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous fabric, and the fit is superb on you. I also enjoyed seeing your blog, and will return to visit when I have a bit more time.
lamstu said... (11/7/10 7:42 PM) Reply
Lots of people seem to be sewing parts of this pattern lately - and this dress is one of the best! Great pairing of fabric with the style.
cloudyhn said... (11/7/10 6:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and I love the print:)
Annette1 said... (11/7/10 5:46 PM) Reply
You're looking FAB in BOTH versions of this dress. :o) And I so agree with you about just "sleeping on it" sometimes (although I often IGNORE my own better sense). :o) BEAUTIFUL!
velosewer said... (10/19/10 9:01 PM) Reply
You've done a great job with this dress. I should have checked your review out before I did the dress. The pattern is still so cool that it really does suit funky prints on stretchy fabric.
RobinMCPA said... (1/28/10 4:01 PM) Reply
Love your dress!! I plan to use my coverstitch machine to finish the neck and hems when I make this over the weekend! I also was thinking I would use smaller seam allowances as "fit insurance" below the waist.
Jane S said... (1/10/10 3:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress on you. Thanks!
AuntieShel said... (1/8/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous on you!!! I'm with ALY, I NEED to make this dress. Have the pattern, will find time! Beautiful!!
ALY said... (1/5/10 9:07 PM) Reply
I have to get this pattern. Every time I see it made up it looks fantastic. Really lovely.
Victoria B said... (1/5/10 6:36 PM) Reply

Victoria B said... (1/5/10 6:28 PM) Reply
Thanks Ladies for the nice compliments:) MammaJamma I didn't plan the way the shading falls that's just the characteristic of the fabric:)
MammaJamma said... (1/5/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Did you plan the way the darker shading in the fabric falls across the body? It is very flattering. Great job!
fourkid said... (1/5/10 4:46 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress - and you look amazing in it.
mesewlot said... (1/5/10 1:58 AM) Reply
Hi Victoria, this is a beautiful dress. Looks great on you! Job well done as always. I agree with imsewcrazy, I love your 10,000 hr challenge. You can do whatever you put your mind to. You used one of my favorite scriptures, Prov.31....! Thanks for the review.
Amanda S. said... (1/4/10 9:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress on you. Wonderful color on a fun print too.
Athene said... (1/4/10 7:39 PM) Reply
That is a fabulous dress and you look absolutely gorgeous.
imsewcrazy said... (1/4/10 6:36 PM) Reply
Love, LOVE, LOOOOOVE this dress! It looks fantastic on you! The fabric is gorgeous! BTW, I also love your blog. Good Luck on the 10,000 hours Sewing Challenge. What a great idea!

by: yummymummy...