Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2908 (misses panties)

Reviewed by:Annette Wright

About Annette Wrightstarstarstarstar
Member since: 10/22/08
Posted on:1/4/10 6:27 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Hilary said... (1/23/10 6:02 PM) Reply
Your panties turned out well (love that fabric!). Thanks for the review!
marjenann said... (1/17/10 6:12 PM) Reply
After reading your great review and seeing your lovely creation, I bought the pattern and made 6 panties. They fit so well, and I ordered fabric for 6 more. The are so comfy and fit extremely well. I am sooooo hooked!
JEF said... (1/5/10 8:22 AM) Reply
Very cute. I love the colored leopard print look. Aren't panties fun - you can do whatever you want!
JTink said... (1/5/10 8:20 AM) Reply
I just love these. I've got to get this pattern. I have a bit of a "belly" and am high waisted. I've found a Jockey panty called a Hip Brief(comes to my navel)that works great. I'm hoping this pattern will fill the bill and I won't have to pay $9.50 a pair or wait till they go on sale and I have a coupon! Men have it so easy! Thanks for reviewing these.
fourkid said... (1/5/10 4:47 AM) Reply
I totally agree with your conclusion - and great job!
Annette Wright said... (1/4/10 11:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the elastic tip, Mrs. Moos. Eventually I'd like to try fancy elastics, but for now I just want to keep practicing. Will check out Joanns tomorrow. And if you look at the review I did before this one, it's the same fabric as that top...lol.
Mrs.Moos said... (1/4/10 11:23 PM) Reply
Great jon Idunna! This is my favorite underwear pattern-so far that is. I use the natural colored swimwear elastic (1/4" for legs, 3/8" for waist) that I buy in bulk either at Joann's with a coupon or online and serge and then coverstitch into place. I used Debbie Cook's ideas on curving the "butt cheek" are out a little for more bun room! I hear you homejewel about the matchy-matchy thing! I guess it could be worse though... I agree on panites being a great use for scraps. I try to get at least an extra 1/4 to 1/2 yard of these stretchy fabrics just so I will have enough scraps leftover for panties!
OP Gal said... (1/4/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Great job! I just love that fabric. Maybe you can give me some tips when I get around to tackling lingerie. It sounds like you know what tweaking you need to do. Very informative review.
homejewel said... (1/4/10 7:57 PM) Reply
I hear you on the cost of $$. The panties look great. I made one pair and have just a couple revisions to do and then it will be perfect. KS has great instructions. I just ordered a bunch of different laces. This could be addicting - and what a great way to use up leftover fabric! I did laugh to the other day thinking about coordinating top and panties and if I had to go to the ER for some unexpected reason where both might be seen "in public"- lol.
ingysoup said... (1/4/10 6:45 PM) Reply
How I agree with you about buying panties that never fit!!! I bought myself a serger for XMas and this is one of my goals this year! Good for you! Duh! I never thought to actually buy a pattern, but just copy RTW and adjust!

by: STARG

Jackets for Real People DVD

Jackets for Real People DVD

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Simplicity 2010