Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2984 (MISSES' JACKET AND SKIRT)

Reviewed by:wzrdreams

Last Updated:7/31/13 10:16 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
wzrdreams said... (7/31/13 10:19 PM) Reply
@Gendun - This is way late, but I'm quite tall, 5'10". I do think that the fabric I chose was rather bulky to also serve as a self lining. If I were to make this again (with 3 years additional sewing experience) I would absolutely choose a lighter wool or flannel... something with significantly more drape. I don't know that I would line it with something different, but that's definitely an option.
Gendun said... (5/27/12 11:55 AM) Reply
Great review, thank you! The hint about adjusting the peplum is very helpful. I agree that the colour is FAB on you, btw, even if it is a wee bit short. To that end: May I ask how tall or how long you are in the upper torso please? Also, would it work well if you lined the body & sleeves with something lighter? As you say, it seems like it would be bulky, especially in a winter weight wool. A 'true' lining might also allow for less ease, as your inner garments would move better against it. Well, that seems to make sense (laughs), maybe I'm wrong. Your thoughts please? Thanks!
Gendun said... (5/27/12 11:54 AM) Reply
nicegirl said... (1/7/10 11:12 AM) Reply
Totally fab coat!
guillorypr said... (1/6/10 12:25 PM) Reply
I love the colour! Great job. It does sound like there are a few issues with this pattern, thanks for the heads up.
Annette Wright said... (1/6/10 8:29 AM) Reply
Very mod and up-to-date. I'd love a photo without the belt. Looking at the picture on the pattern, I really like how it looks (but I'd never do a belt.) Color is gorgeous and your photos are fun. Great jacket!
yorkshire lass said... (1/6/10 3:52 AM) Reply
Very nice and flattering jacket. The colour makes it stand out and it looks great styled with the belt.
echolalia said... (1/6/10 1:34 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great - beautiful fabric and a gorgeous colour on you. I was the other reviewer for this jacket - and I am pleased that it 'wasn't just me' in finding a few oddities with this pattern. My daughter has requested another jacket, in a drapey fabric this time, and I will take your advice about re-drafting the peplum. Thanks for your review.

Kwik Sew 2315