Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8594 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Mahogany Stylist

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/21/10 6:39 PM) Reply
Thanks, Ladies!
Kellie R. said... (1/19/10 5:22 PM) Reply
Lovely! I agree, you can't go wrong! This is a real winner and certainly a dress which will see lots of use!
Barbara V said... (1/8/10 10:19 AM) Reply
Great job on this beautiful pattern. I really like your winterizing it into a jumper. Happy New Year and enjoy your Christmas gift dressform!
4u2cme said... (1/8/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Another great dress in your closet.
AuntieShel said... (1/7/10 11:48 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow--I love your dress!!! I first saw this pattern in a Vogue Fabrics ad in Vogue Patterns Magazine before it was even on their website. Although I love putting together a pattern that is like a puzzle, I realized that fitting this baby on me would not be fun. Your fit is fabulous!!! I may have to change my mind. About zipper feet, I finally broke down and paid for one made by my sewing machine company. Well worth it if you can find one for your machine.
becca a said... (1/7/10 10:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
Birgitte said... (1/7/10 2:52 AM) Reply
I adore the dress and the entire look!
lamstu said... (1/7/10 1:06 AM) Reply
I like your dress very much. This pattern is so classic and elegant, but alas my life has no place for it :(. Re: invisible zipper installation. I do not use the special feet that the zipper manufacturer sells. I use my regular zipper foot and follow the method outlined in Threads issue 119, June/July 2005, page 46. You must be able to adjust the position of the needle left and right of center to use this technique, but I guess that most modern machines do this. Now my big issue is the quality of invisible zippers.
Dei said... (1/6/10 11:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful and a perfect fit. Love the complete look.
Sweetiebop said... (1/6/10 8:27 PM) Reply
This dress is fabulous on you. Once again great job.
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/6/10 8:21 PM) Reply
Thanks, Lynnelle. I try the YKK IZF. Thanks everyone for the compliments.
Lynnelle said... (1/6/10 7:10 PM) Reply
I love the YKK IZF. It's blue and cream. The Coats & Clark one (if that's the one you used) did not work for me either. The YKK foot is a dream to use and, for me, works every time. Here's a link to a picture of the one I have http://astore.amazon.com/burda-20/images/B001C1Y3UO (NAYY with the store).
Toni39 said... (1/6/10 6:51 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. Your clothes always look so professional. Congrats on the new dressform.
Leora said... (1/6/10 6:03 PM) Reply
Very nice dress!
ingysoup said... (1/6/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Ha! I just bought this pattern at the JoAnn's sale, and I'm glad to read your review. I love how you paired it with a turtleneck - just a great outfit all in all. And how lucky are you to have a sister like that? Maybe I'll drop a hint to my brother -lol.

by: madebyj