Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2927

Member since: 10/24/08
Posted on:1/7/10 7:09 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
MonaNicLeoid said... (7/5/12 5:20 PM) Reply
I really love how this looks on you, it's a great fit! Just curious, did you go with a smaller size than what the pattern suggested? I'm a bit baffled by the sizing in this, the actual garment measurements include a *huge* lot of ease (like 6.5'' or something) but it looks a bit more fitted in the photos on the envelope.
sharkskin said... (5/18/11 7:08 AM) Reply
That turned out really cute and you should wear it out of the house for sure. I have this pattern but haven't made it yet. Inspiring.
whirrclunk said... (1/9/10 7:11 PM) Reply
The dress looks fantastic! Such a good fit. I didn't notice the line at all when I looked at the photo.
Kayseri said... (1/8/10 11:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and a d**m shame about the flaw. I'd be so tempted to run a couple of lines of black ribbon down the front, one to cover the flaw and a symetrical one on the other side.
AuntieShel said... (1/8/10 10:52 AM) Reply
How cute, it looks great on you!! Have to say I didn't notice a line when I looked at the pic--and I usually notice things like that.
ClaireEmily said... (1/7/10 4:51 PM) Reply
I really love your dress - it is so retro cool with the piping, the neck band and the shape. I didn't notice the fabric flaw the first time I looked at the picture either. If it were me I would just wear it with pride!
echolalia said... (1/7/10 4:45 PM) Reply
It does look good on you, it would be a pity to declare it unwearable. Have you thought about dyeing the fabric to make the fault less obvious? You have done a great job with the fit.
cabinbaby said... (1/7/10 3:52 PM) Reply
WOW! I love the lines of this dress. Fantastic!
Sondra Leigh said... (1/7/10 2:35 PM) Reply
I LOVE this! I have had this pattern for a year or two now, and read lots of disappointing reviews. How wonderful to see your results. I'm inspired to give it a go after all.
eugenia123 said... (1/7/10 9:23 AM) Reply
Great dress - it's a lovely style and the fabric looks good, despite the flaw!
lamstu said... (1/7/10 7:29 AM) Reply
A very nice dress; it is too bad about the flaw. I tried this pattern and it was a disaster on my body type. I like the tunic length alot! Do make it again - it looks really cute on you.

by: EmeraldEri...