Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1010 (Lady Grey)

Reviewed by:Deb Fox

About Deb Foxstar
FL USA
Member since: 8/26/05
Posted on:1/7/10 5:53 PM
Last Updated:1/7/10 6:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
WildWyoming said... (9/3/10 2:42 PM) Reply
In my experience, small startup companies typically are happy to help if you have trouble with their products. I suspect if you called the company before you cut the pattern, they would have walked you through it. Understandably, you forged ahead. But, if you called them after you cut it and before you trashed it, they may have been willing to send you another copy with the size you wanted to cut highlighted for your convenience. Further, your feedback most likely would have been taken into consideration for future patterns, and instructions about this may have been inserted in existing patterns or along with the order paperwork. Once, just for speaking well of a company and giving them some professional advice, they offered me two free patterns of my choice. They were so happy to get the advice and the support, and they are successful and trusted today.
li'l miss muffett said... (2/20/10 11:57 AM) Reply
Wow! I'm sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Mine fit perfectly! I agree with the others that said you should contact Sarai, the owner. She needs to hear your opinion and if there is an error she can fix it for the next printing so others don't run in to the same problem.
Athene said... (1/10/10 4:25 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. What a shame that it was such a frustration - the patterns are not inexpensive. It sounds like there were definitely some errors in the printing - perhaps it would be worth it to write the pattern company asking if they could send you a revised pattern if they make corrections.
nikarphar said... (1/9/10 11:44 PM) Reply
I have heard problems with these patterns.I did manage to finish a beignet skirt but I feel it was made more complicated than it was supposed to be.Also seemed to enhance my swayback and the tissue tore in more than one place.Not ordering another pattern from this company again...
Sew4Fun said... (1/8/10 6:46 PM) Reply
How disappointing! Interesting what you said about the finished hem circumference as I noticed exactly the same thing on the website which had me scratching my head. Thanks for the honest and helpful review.
Time4me said... (1/8/10 2:18 PM) Reply
Deb, have you contacted Sarai (Colette Patterns) about this? I am SURE she would be very very interested in hearing your feedback. She is very invested in her company and would not be happy to hear that the tissue printing was inadequate. I really encourage you to offer her your feedback.
becca a said... (1/8/10 9:17 AM) Reply
How disappointing! I am sorry for your discouraging experience.
Terri A said... (1/8/10 0:10 AM) Reply
This sounds disappointing! I am very sorry for all that money, work and time you spent. I was actually contemplating this pattern, but now I will wait a bit and see what other reviews turn up, as lots of people have ordered this pattern! Thanks for the review!
ClaireEmily said... (1/7/10 5:58 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear about your experiences. Thanks for your review, I am about to try a Colette pattern (a different one) so this was helpful information.

Butterick B 4875