Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8472 (MISSES' JACKET AND DRESS)

Reviewed by:hilaryr

About hilaryrstar
Member since: 10/24/08
Posted on:1/10/10 0:35 AM
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
nicegirl said... (1/12/10 1:57 PM) Reply
What an unusual and flattering jacket! I feel your pain on the corners--I ran into this on the crotch of some boxer shorts and ended up just doing an ugly wide zigzag over the exposed raw edges. Yuck.
AuntieShel said... (1/10/10 10:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!!!!
carolynw said... (1/10/10 10:40 AM) Reply
Really love this - great way to showcase beautiful buttons
annie11 said... (1/10/10 10:37 AM) Reply
I love your jacket- especially the details like the buttons and your facings. Try putting a drop of Fray-Check on the corners that are giving you a problem. Great job!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/10/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Awesome buttons, and jacket too...
frame said... (1/10/10 9:30 AM) Reply
Great buttons. I can see why you wanted to showcase them. AND you did with your lovely jacket. Nice job.
lamstu said... (1/10/10 6:42 AM) Reply
I love the buttons and the lining and how they liven up the linen. What a great jacket! (Maybe next time if you have trouble with those corners, snap a picture and post on PR, asking for help. I can see what you mean, but it's hard to tell what might have been done during construction.)
DKG said... (1/10/10 4:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket Hilary. It's great in linen, and the lining fabric details are wonderful. I share your pain about those corners! I have a coat languishing in UFO territory for the same reason - dodgy corners around the collar. I'm sure there is a way to do it - let's keep on searching. BTW those buttons are really exciting, and I notice that the cat in your photo has clearly been staring at them for a long time:-)