Pattern Reviews> Other> 00-0000-0 (that*darn*kat kids' undies)

Reviewed by:Imaan

About Imaanstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 6/3/08
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner

Posted on:1/10/10 4:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
cabinbaby said... (1/11/10 10:25 PM) Reply
I would do exactly what JeanM and Janine S said. I would trace off the size 2 but lengthen it. I would probably trace the size 2 and then make a horizontal slash to the pattern. Then I would separate the pattern pieces by an inch or two. That way you have the same width but a higher rise. My kids are tall and skinny too. I like to bulk process this pattern. Cut six pairs at once, sew all the seams, add all the bands, etc. It goes so much faster than doing it individually.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/11/10 3:01 AM) Reply
Imaan - I live by 'when in doubt, baste'! Well done, so lovely your daughter loves them!
JenniferBee said... (1/11/10 1:17 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review, I'm sure you will be making lots more of these.
SewLil said... (1/10/10 7:19 PM) Reply
Great job! I've had this so long my oldest has already outgrown the sizes! I better get on it for my 5yo.
Janine S said... (1/10/10 6:00 PM) Reply
Well done, Imaan. The first of anything is always the most difficult - you'll whizz through the next pairs. Like JeanM, I used to use the small size and just lengthen for my DD when she measured a size2 widthwise as an 8yo!! She's still tiny now as a 25yo, so it's probably going to be an adjustment you'll always be making.
JeanM said... (1/10/10 1:11 PM) Reply
These look great! I might have to try these for my younger son. As parent of two skinny-for-their-age-children, may I suggest that you trace off the smaller size in width by the longer size in height, which will get you the skinny with length. I do that regularly with Ottobre patterns for my younger son (he's almost 6, and his waist is about the size of an average 12 month old....)
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/10/10 9:32 AM) Reply
Well done! all will be anxious to see the mounds of undies you make for your tribe... Fun to learn about a pattern with no elastic too. Well done review as well...

by: Jemajyng