Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1008 (Oolong/bias cut dress)

Reviewed by:Hazel Agnes

About Hazel Agnes
MN USA
Member since: 1/10/10
Posted on:1/10/10 7:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
thimbledore said... (2/17/12 9:19 AM) Reply
This was a fantastic review! The dress looks spectacular; great fit and very feminine. My fitting tweaks are kinda the opposite of your fitting tweaks, so it was really interesting to hear about your experience with Colette from "the other side", so to speak. :) Sarai just knows how to make EVERYONE look lovely.
Mufffet said... (2/3/12 11:08 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress, and you used the perfect fabric which flatters you so well!
donaleen said... (5/29/11 10:44 PM) Reply
Here is someone who sewed this dress in a knit. http://pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/colette-meet-alabama-chanin.html
LizLefebvre said... (6/28/10 9:48 AM) Reply
your review makes me want to sew this dress - it's beautiful. Thanks for all the helpful information.
lsaspacey said... (6/15/10 1:17 PM) Reply
Looks incredible. You give me motivation to finally (started last October) finish my version of this dress. It's good to see all of the details up close like this. I just tried the sleeves on after sewing them up months ago and now they seem too tight to be comfortable so I either have to alter the seam allowance or recut them. Just how tight are yours in this version? How many fingers can you slip in between the fabric and your arm? Thanks.
Jacqui315 said... (1/15/10 12:28 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Karen6790 said... (1/11/10 3:51 PM) Reply
This is adorable - I haven't tried Colette patterns yet but I think this is the one that will push me over the edge. Wonderful vintage vibe to this, and I can really see how it would be flattering on many body types. Beautiful - can't wait to see the next version.
Secretsugar said... (1/11/10 2:04 PM) Reply
Great review, and I appreciate hearing your take on this line of patterns. I like the look of them but haven't been sure of trying them until now. Think I'll start with this dress!
stitchywitch said... (1/11/10 12:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I'm also on the angular side, and wondered how this dress would do on less curvy types. It looks great on you!
guillorypr said... (1/11/10 11:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting this! It looks lovely.
fourkid said... (1/11/10 8:16 AM) Reply
Very great review - and beautiful dress. I did not know of this pattern company - I will have to look more closely.
Elle D said... (1/10/10 10:10 PM) Reply
This is indeed lovely on you. I recently ordered two of her new patterns, dithered on this one and didn't order it. Now I regret my decision, but that's easy enough to fix! Thanks for your detailed review, with nice pics. I'm looking forward to seeing your next version, too.
Time4me said... (1/10/10 9:45 PM) Reply
That dress looks really nice on you. Thank you for this detailed review. I think you have hit the nail on the head as far as Colette Patterns is concerned.
pammieh said... (1/10/10 9:15 PM) Reply
Great review - I can't wait to try this dress!
lmg said... (1/10/10 8:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I am planning on making this for my rather angular DD and am glad to see this design works great. Lovely job. I hope you make this again!
ClaireEmily said... (1/10/10 8:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review! It does look very flirty and feminine. Love it!
Sew4Fun said... (1/10/10 6:53 PM) Reply
Your dress looks lovely. Thanks for the really helpful review.
Terri A said... (1/10/10 6:37 PM) Reply
This is going to be beautiful!!!! I can't wait to see it!
Elona said... (1/10/10 5:01 PM) Reply
The dress sounds lovely. When it's done, it would be awfully nice if your own project photo were clickable so that we could see the details.

MariaDenmark 101