Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2473 (Princess Sheath Dress wMidriff)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:1/12/10 11:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

2takeKate said... (10/4/11 6:57 PM) Reply
Ease of Doom, indeed! Reminds me of the plaid rayon BIAS (strike three!) skirt I attempted that ended up in the trash. Fabric choices aside, this is still a cool dress pattern.
2takeKate said... (10/4/11 6:57 PM) Reply
Karen6790 said... (1/13/10 9:22 PM) Reply
Shame the collar didn't work, that was really cute. But stop beating up on yourself - it's cute for now, it's warm, and the fabulous stuff you've made by far outnumbers this one. I'm about 3/4 of the way through a dress that is either going to be a wadder, a gift or a pencil skirt, mostly because I refused to admit that the fabric wasn't appropriate for the pattern, so I feel your pain.
fourkid said... (1/13/10 6:57 AM) Reply
A great review - since you make so many fantastic garments and I can see your angst with this particular dress - but you still make it look cute.
sew2little said... (1/13/10 1:07 AM) Reply
I received a plaid jacket for Christmas with mismatched seams that make the back of your dress look like perfection. Those of us who sew do look at clothing with a more critical eye--most of the time. I too have this pattern and will not try it with a plaid! (I was able to exchange the jacket!)
Mufffet said... (1/12/10 4:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your candid honesty! Just always wear this when you can lean against a wall!>;) Chalk it up to experience and notice how well you sewed it though!
michababy said... (1/12/10 2:35 PM) Reply
I agree. No more torturing for you! Thanks for the fabric tips and the splitting suggestions!
eword10 said... (1/12/10 1:04 PM) Reply
OMG, I almost spit out my food with your Ease of Doom comment! I have this pattern and hope I have better luck. I will keep your fabric talk in mind when choosing mine. I can understand not willing to give up on a vision though. And you have so many cute things you've already made, why torture yourself?

by: beginagain