Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2009-119 (Wrapover Jacket)

Reviewed by:senaSews

About senaSewsstar
GERMANY
Member since: 11/16/07
Posted on:1/12/10 4:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
barbcl said... (1/13/10 12:44 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful, and your picture, with the complete ensemble, looks great.
tess said... (1/13/10 4:53 AM) Reply
I thouroughly endorse what Cathy says, this looks a very classy and well made jacket and it really suits you!
senaSews said... (1/13/10 2:48 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your nice comments! I think this jacket needs to grow on me and maybe i will give it a try with a more drapier fabric!
Heidi Ho said... (1/12/10 10:45 PM) Reply
I think your jacket looks great, both open and closed!! Very stylish and wonderful with the balck dress and boots. I bet it would look stunning with both slacks and jeans. In my opinion you should wear it a lot, it is a beautiful and stylin' jacket!
eword10 said... (1/12/10 1:32 PM) Reply
Love this! I have it on my list to make soon too.
RachelEsq said... (1/12/10 12:48 PM) Reply
I would totally wear this. I love the shape! Could you take up the sleeves a bit? That might mkae a difference in how you feel about it.
Sara The Slayer said... (1/12/10 11:51 AM) Reply
I was thinking of doing this, thanks for the note on body type.
Christas said... (1/12/10 9:50 AM) Reply
It is such a shame you didn't end up loving your new cardigan. It is so obvious that you did such a nice job of sewing it. Maybe, like kidmd, you will end up liking your garment much more than you do now. I think it is very cute on you.
Passion4Sewing said... (1/12/10 8:52 AM) Reply
I agree with Cathy...I think if you revisit it, you may find you like it. I think it looks great!
stretch queen said... (1/12/10 8:23 AM) Reply
Thank you for your honest opinion re: short and curvy. That is my body type and I was just looking at this jacket last night. I generally like more structure but was drawn to the coziness...I was also undecided about the drop arms. I think I will not make this. Your review really helped me make that decision. The coat does look good on you!!!!
KathySews said... (1/12/10 8:00 AM) Reply
I am inspired to look at this pattern. I am also short and curvy and avoid belted - but it looks great on you with the belt. Very stylish. Wonderful job
thirteenstitches said... (1/12/10 7:58 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Nice work!
marjenann said... (1/12/10 7:39 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket!!! Meticulous construction!!!
kidmd said... (1/12/10 7:13 AM) Reply
I made this recently and wasn't sure I liked it at first, but I've found myself wearing it much more than I thought I would. Your version looks great!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/12/10 6:13 AM) Reply
It looks like an expensive trendy jacket! IMHO your jacket looks great with the belt tied. Maybe you need to walk away for a few days and come back and reassess this gorgeous jacket. My advice is "wear it"! I love it.

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern