Pattern Reviews> Other> Liberty Jane Jeans (Jeans for 18)

Reviewed by:norasroom

About norasroomstar
NC USA
Member since: 4/21/09
Posted on:1/12/10 9:35 PM
Last Updated:2/7/10 3:38 PM

SewLil said... (12/20/12 11:14 AM) Reply
Oh what a disappointment. I'm glad I checked here first. I was about to buy the pattern.
m1chelle said... (11/22/11 6:22 AM) Reply
I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only one who had problems with this pattern. It is the first jeans pattern I purchased (I've been drafting my own pattern, but this one was so cute, so I wanted to give it a shot). I thought I was crazy when 2 times I cut it out and pockets didn't match up. I like the looks of it, but the pattern isn't great.
idkathy828 said... (10/28/11 10:38 PM) Reply
I agree with this review. The pattern is poorly drafted and the seam allowance is inconsistent. I had to laugh when the instructions said that if I had deviated from the 1/4" seam allowance the waist band might not fit. The denim I used was a little stretchy, and I made the pieces come together. In the end the jeans fit the doll without the specified elastic. In defense of Liberty Jane, I believe the envelope patterns are not offering styles that are really contemporary. I haven't seen realistic-looking jeans, t-shirts, etc., anywhere but at Liberty Jane.
dancingrabbit said... (7/11/11 11:16 PM) Reply
ps, since this review was written, the pattern has been re-drafted. I still had trouble with the pockets matching up, but it wasn't that bad AND the pattern pieces are drawn much cleaner. Still unhappy about the waistband though.
dancingrabbit said... (7/11/11 1:50 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review! My experience with this pattern was similar. At the very least, the waistband should not be cut until the rest of the jeans are assembled. That way the waistband can be cut exactly to length. I foolishly cut my waistband to the length specified, and it ended up being about a half-inch too short. Bummer!
Elemenopeo said... (2/8/10 8:55 PM) Reply
Your good results testify to your experience. Thanks for an excellent review.
Tiner W said... (2/8/10 7:25 AM) Reply
Good review! Since many beginnger sewists start with patterns such as these, yes, they should be drafted properly!

StyleArc Debra Zebra Top