Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3666 ( Women's Jackets)

Reviewed by:Passion4Sewing

Last Updated:1/13/10 12:11 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Plus
Mokonabarb said... (9/14/10 7:35 PM) Reply
This is SO lovely!! I agree, your jacket looks so much better than the original! I have this pattern and now I can't wait to try it. BTW, the pattern specifies wovens or stable knits, as I recall. I'm not entirely sure what "stable knits" means...knits without much stretch?? (Sorry for the newbie question) Anyhow, how do you think this would work with moderate stretch knits, or t-shirt knits? I've got a lot of scraps that I'd like to use up.:-)
ClaireF in CA said... (1/24/10 9:03 PM) Reply
Your review is wonderful and I enjoyed your pictures so much! Kwik Sew patterns are among my favs, and using this jacket pattern to refashion another was a great idea! Fun thrift store find! Sometimes it seems harder to refashion, than to start from scratch - you did a beauiful job! Love it!
Slyone said... (1/18/10 1:37 PM) Reply
Looks very Koos of Course
moonchild61 said... (1/15/10 7:31 PM) Reply
I covet this jacket; it is just stunning!
raymondmom said... (1/14/10 10:53 PM) Reply
Great review - wonderful explanation. Jacket looks very well done.
Jane S said... (1/14/10 8:38 PM) Reply
You made a beautiful jacket. I'm so sorry about your sister but I hope this jacket brings back happier memories.
sfgb said... (1/14/10 9:39 AM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful and very creative. I especially like the seam-binding seams and your choice of coordinating fabrics.
Kayseri said... (1/14/10 4:04 AM) Reply
I love this - all the different colors and patterns come together to a fabulous jacket.
alibi said... (1/14/10 2:02 AM) Reply
The new jacket looks so much better than the original--what a great up-cycle!
AnneM said... (1/13/10 1:09 PM) Reply
Fun. I always think of sizing garment down, but no reason why we can't size them up by combining multiple ones or small amounts of fabric. You must have a very artistic community to get thrift-shop finds like that.
j222b said... (1/13/10 11:25 AM) Reply
U R TALENTED!
dwindy said... (1/13/10 10:39 AM) Reply
Very cute and creative
carolynw said... (1/13/10 9:40 AM) Reply
WOW!! This is beautiful - you'll get lots of compliemnts on this one of a kind jacket. I think in RTW you would have to pay mega $ for this. Great review
fourkid said... (1/13/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful - and a great detailed review. I love how you re-did that too-small jacket into such an amazing garment.
mssewcrazy said... (1/13/10 8:49 AM) Reply
I love the recycling of the too small garment from the thrift. Thanks for the bias tape photos,explanation, and how you covered the seams-I really liked that and will try it sometime for a color block join. I noticed in a man's undershirt the other day this technique used inside the shoulder seams and liked the concept. Thanks for the nice review.
thirteenstitches said... (1/13/10 8:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful! You are very talented!
no7262 said... (1/13/10 7:13 AM) Reply
WOW! You did an awesome job! The jacket came out beautiful! Nora :)

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

by: julliams

BurdaStyle Magazine 05-2009-114

by: BLT

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern