Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6866 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Last Updated:3/9/10 5:35 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
renren said... (3/14/10 2:26 PM) Reply
Okay, I bought this pattern at Joann's and I'm re-reading your review getting ready to sew it in an inexpensive polyester, working my way to a silk, and then . . . ta da, a Liberty of London. I am reading your words with great care because you are the only person who has reviewed this pattern!!!
TalyQ said... (3/10/10 1:52 AM) Reply
It's a very lovely dress and looks good on you.
nicegirl said... (3/9/10 2:53 PM) Reply
That is so fun! Love the floral print, and the color schemes works for Fall and Spring.
persevering said... (3/9/10 1:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting this version, which more attractively frames your face. Your detailed reviews are appreciated.
renren said... (3/9/10 9:43 AM) Reply
Very nice version, again! And I've been looking for a pattern just like this to use with a large-scale Hawaiian print fabric. Thanks for ending my search!
mollyshark said... (3/9/10 7:35 AM) Reply
I don't know if this look is ever really dated. I've decided I'm making a slew of A-line shifts for this summer. Have been on the pants kick for so long and this looks SO much more comfortable. A pair of flip flops and I'm ready to go. You just confirmed my decision!
Patricia Schoeman said... (1/27/10 7:39 PM) Reply
Great review. Thanks for sharing all the steps you took to get a great look.
ClaireEmily said... (1/26/10 4:39 PM) Reply
I like longer dresses too! Very nice. Oh my goodness you have the most wonderful fabrics in your stash!!!
FreyaStark said... (1/25/10 5:31 PM) Reply
Thank you all for those lovely comments. A modesty panel at the back is a good idea, although I've found that how much shows depends on which bra I wear. Nevertheless I'll give that panel serious thought.
renren said... (1/25/10 4:42 PM) Reply
Very nice going with the fiddling to get it to fit just so. And your fabric stash--oh, my goodness! Lots of blues (my favorite) and lots of delicious Liberty prints. Ah, lucky, lucky you! Thanks for sharing.
Barbara V said... (1/25/10 10:47 AM) Reply
Lovely summer dress....makes me dream of Hawaii. I really like your method of organizing your fabric stash.
Mufffet said... (1/25/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Very nice! I do love that print - it reminds me of warm weather.....ahhh....
carolynw said... (1/25/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Very nice - love the fabric. Great review
fourkid said... (1/25/10 8:37 AM) Reply
This turned out beautifully. I love the fabric. It is always nice to have a TNT pattern in an easy, comfy dress. A small patch at the back neck might make you more comfortable as you move around - and you have the skills to make it look intentional!
fourkid said... (1/17/10 11:02 AM) Reply
Looking forward to the finished dress - I am sure it will look amazing in that fabric - which by the way - I covet your stash!!!
Karendee said... (1/16/10 5:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review in progress. I really like this classic style and plan to make it up in linen for the summer. I might just check the sizing with a RTW Eileen Fisher of the same style. Thanks.

by: Lori V