Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7486 (Burda Capris)

Reviewed by:mars418

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Fitography Patterns

Perfect fit from photos!

Hilary said... (5/1/11 5:56 PM) Reply
These came out great! I love the tab detail too-very cute!
TessKwiltz said... (1/26/10 4:53 PM) Reply
Cute capris - thanks for the review! All RTW with diagonal pockets gape on me - I always assumed it was because of the shape of my hips. My fullness is "front-to-back" and not "side-to-side". Looking forward to seeing if anyone has alteration suggestions.
feldmanTcat said... (1/25/10 8:31 AM) Reply
The pocket gapping is definitely not due to muffin top - mine do the same thing. Can't figure it out. One thing I did try was not lining up the top of the pocket with the top (waist) edge of the pants. Instead I tried on the pants with the pocket basted at the top and then really yanked it up to get everything smoothed at the hip before attaching the waistband (That probably makes no sense whatsoever).
Heidi Ho said... (1/24/10 10:16 PM) Reply
Nice capris!! Maybe eliminate the pocket all together on your next pair if it isn't working out for you. I think they look very nice as is though!
Heidi Ho said... (1/24/10 10:16 PM) Reply
Sew4Fun said... (1/24/10 9:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I missed this pattern but I like your capris. I'm looking for a pattern like this one so I'll have to get it. Btw, for the pockets, draft a trouser stay and use a non-stretch fabric. It will stop the pockets gaping and hold in the stomach at the same time. Not that you need it, but I do which is why I know these things. ;)
Gelbean said... (1/24/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Very cute capris! Thanks for the review.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322