Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5894

Member since: 9/3/07
Posted on:2/19/10 9:15 AM
Last Updated:2/19/10 9:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Pants
snuzal said... (4/17/10 0:11 AM) Reply
Love these jeans, I have to make them, very very good review, thanks so much :)
missusprim said... (3/28/10 11:05 AM) Reply
I come to your reviews so often as you're about my size and you always have such a wealth of info. Your pics are appreciated as I'm a visual kinda gal and like to see what someone is talking about! I like the idea of a fashion fabric (in your case, a striped piece) for the fly piece that only you will see - but it adds such visual interest and makes them 'fun.' I also (and I think I've mentioned this before) the idea of using two threads for topstitching. Is it me or does the heavy duty or topstitching thread available today is NOT what it used to be years ago? Am going to pick up this pattern tomorrow and look forward to seeing what P & P patterns are about......I guess there is more pattern fitting lines to use as reference.
Sherril Miller said... (3/8/10 11:34 AM) Reply
You look so hot in your new jeans and blouse. Thanks for the review.
4u2cme said... (3/8/10 9:10 AM) Reply
I love your jeans and the new blouse (V1165). This is a very chic looking outfit. You look great as usual.
Cathi Twill said... (2/20/10 5:11 PM) Reply
These jeans are fantastic! I'm going out right now to buy the pattern! Thanks, your blog is so inspiring!
Heatherrique said... (2/20/10 11:30 AM) Reply
Sensational looking outfit and those jeans are just too cool! Thanks for a very helpful review!
TessKwiltz said... (2/20/10 9:43 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review! Love your jeans.
Rebecca D said... (2/20/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Wow, great looking jeans, enormously helpful review.
Annette Wright said... (2/19/10 5:23 PM) Reply
Wowzer girl...both pairs of jeans look super hot. Seriously, they are well fitting and make you look shapely. I've been working on jeans lately too and enjoying it a lot.
frame said... (2/19/10 4:36 PM) Reply
These look GREAT! Your topstitching is wonderful.
ggf2005 said... (2/19/10 1:21 PM) Reply
you know I'm jealous that you already made that Sandra Betzina blouse...it looks great! Oh and great job with the jeans.
Andrea670 said... (2/19/10 12:44 PM) Reply
I LOVE this pair on you.
newmama said... (2/19/10 11:49 AM) Reply
Those are some great looking jeans! They look very flattering, which can be hard if you're a woman with curves (and I am :). I will have to get this pattern for myself, thanks for the review!
katlew03 said... (2/19/10 11:01 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. Great details. Your jeans turned out great, as well.
Bonnie123 said... (2/19/10 10:43 AM) Reply
I have two jean patterns in my stash. One is a retro Calvin Klein Pattern and the other is a McCall's Pattern. You may have helped me to make a decision as to which to make. You did a fantastic job and I love that blouse. I may have to add to my stash!!!!
RadarRadiance said... (2/19/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Excellent! Love the blouse, too!!!
mhk3boys said... (2/19/10 9:23 AM) Reply
I love your jeans and your great review! I need to try some pants/jeans soon! I also cannot click on your pic to make it bigger but your other pics in the review are fine. I also love your shirt!

McCall's 6378 OOP