Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2009-109 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Kbenco

About Kbencostarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/8/06
Posted on:1/16/10 11:28 PM
Last Updated:1/16/10 11:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Jane S said... (2/1/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Wow, Burda should replace their picture with your daughter's. I so agree with your assessment of the original...why pleat my tummy?! But this is wonderful...bravo to both of you for seing the true potential.
rsersh said... (1/27/10 6:54 PM) Reply
This is so great. I liked seeing how it looked tucked in too. Thanks for including comments on your alterations. They sound like a great idea!
JenniferBee said... (1/18/10 1:19 AM) Reply
Love you version, I hated the version in the magazine. Great looking blouse, clever DD.
Karen6790 said... (1/17/10 8:25 PM) Reply
I really disliked this in the magazine - nice to see that a little rethinking can turn out such a great blouse. Your daughter looks great in it and it's far more flattering than the original version.
Sewingelle said... (1/17/10 6:23 PM) Reply
wow, this looks great in your version. I instantly discarded this style from the magazine picture because of the low bust and big tummy possibilities it offered, but perhaps I'll rethink
SG1 said... (1/17/10 1:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! I always figured the gathers would hit my post-baby bust just about right.
nellc said... (1/17/10 12:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Your version is much nicer than the one in the magazine.
Nancy K said... (1/17/10 12:08 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. It looks really good on your dd.
fourkid said... (1/17/10 10:57 AM) Reply
Very cute blouse. I had to go back and forth between the two versions several times (my eye is not a quick as yours!) and I totally agree. The magazine version looks sort of "dropped" and quite unflattering - I love your version.
Heatherrique said... (1/17/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Fine looking top! Your version is stunning.
Christas said... (1/17/10 9:16 AM) Reply
Such a pretty blouse! The embellishment is very nice. I skipped over this blouse - glad you brought it to my attention by reviewing yours.
becca a said... (1/17/10 8:18 AM) Reply
Your version of this shirt is beautiful--so much better than BWOF's picture.
sandramary said... (1/17/10 5:21 AM) Reply
Good call on the gathering. I also thought the gathers at the waist looked weird in the mag! It's lovely made up in your crisp white fabric.
RuthieSews said... (1/17/10 4:53 AM) Reply
Very nice indeed. The neckband sounds a complete pain. Glad you can make things from the mag for your teen daughter.
dingyadi said... (1/17/10 1:20 AM) Reply
That is so nice, I love what you have done with the neckband. So much better than the version in the mag.
katharin said... (1/17/10 0:07 AM) Reply
Your version of this blouse looks great, much more flattering than the burda version. Thanks for the helpful review.
Lori V said... (1/16/10 11:34 PM) Reply
I like your changes, the blouse is beautiful.

by: MNBarb