Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1089 (Classix Nouveau 3 Graces tops)

Reviewed by:ClioBklyn

About ClioBklynstar
NY USA
Member since: 1/23/08
Posted on:1/18/10 4:55 PM
Last Updated:1/18/10 4:56 PM

HixonJ said... (2/18/10 5:58 PM) Reply
Thank you for this I will check out your blog - I have made this twice, in a 14 and 12 (by hotpatterns measurements I am an 16!) and both have been way too big, but I love the look of your fit.
obsessed with sewing said... (1/21/10 12:27 PM) Reply
I was already very impressed with how pretty your top came out and how great it looks on you before I read about all the problems you had with the pattern. Kudos to you for perservering and turning a lemon into lemonade! PS - I love that color purple!
Auntie Allyn said... (1/20/10 1:04 PM) Reply
Congratulations for hanging in there and ending up with a top that really looks good on you!!!
nicegirl said... (1/19/10 9:39 PM) Reply
I feel you. I made the crossover version at the weekend and despite grading the pattern down to a size smaller than indicated it was HUGE and looked terrible, especially the extra fabric under the armpit as you mentioned. I might try the cowl view as it will be easier to adjust, but you are right to be thinking twice about the crossover view.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (1/19/10 10:46 AM) Reply
I can understand your frustration..it seems like some reviews of this pattern note that it runs large/has lots of ease, and for others it's fine. How did your muslin of this top fit? After making a very quick muslin of this top, I knew I needed to go down a size to get the right fit.
MissCelie said... (1/19/10 9:50 AM) Reply
I'm sorry it was so difficult. It really looks quite lovely now. But, I can understand being frustrated!
ClioBklyn said... (1/19/10 9:48 AM) Reply
Thank you! I'm glad to be done with it!
becca a said... (1/19/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Your top looks great, but I can see that it was a frustrating journey to get there.
Nancy K said... (1/19/10 7:36 AM) Reply
This looks pretty on you after surgery, but lots of people seem to have reservations about this top and I too scrapped a version of this pattern. I was going to try again, but I think that you're right, it's a mediocre pattern.
Laurasews said... (1/19/10 0:36 AM) Reply
I'm glad you persevered. The finished top is lovely.
Lori V said... (1/18/10 9:34 PM) Reply
Your new top looks fabulous, worth the hard work.
Patti B said... (1/18/10 7:49 PM) Reply
It's a lovely top and looks wonderful on you but, sheesh, what a lot of fiddling! You should be congratulated on sticking with it. ;-)
Paris75008 said... (1/18/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Wow, you look very glamorous in that top. It was worth the hard work to get it to look like that. IMO your version looks a whole lot better than the pattern version

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top