Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 425 (Craig's Blouse)

Reviewed by:JudyP

About JudyPstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:1/29/10 9:05 AM
Last Updated:1/30/10 1:19 PM

Kellie R. said... (1/31/10 6:25 PM) Reply
This is a lovely blouse. I think the gathers are pretty so don't think twice about them! You look fabulous in your pretty new blouse!
JudyP said... (1/31/10 8:53 AM) Reply
I pre-washed and dried the silk twill in the machine and I will wash the blouse in the machine on gentle and then hang to dry.
Sherril Miller said... (1/30/10 6:38 PM) Reply
When I looked at the line drawing of this blouse, it looks like the gathers should be under the bust, which is a weird place for them. I like them higher over the bust, where the gathers are actually serving a purpose. How do you plan to wash the silk twill?
Aunt Gail said... (1/30/10 6:19 PM) Reply
Good review with all sorts of great hints and observations. TY for telling us about your experience. I am a D+ cup and must admit I agree with you--that a few extra gather RIGHT where we both don't need the emphasis is prolly not a good idea. I had been looking @ this pattern but I think I'll take a pass--you look fine in it--but I think I would just BLOSSOM out all over--and it is NOT Spring time in Oregon yet!
JudyP said... (1/30/10 1:19 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, I think I should change my pattern rating after all of your nice comments! I wear this blouse with jeans. I am trying to wear nicer clothes for everyday and not save everything for an occasion. My kids are past the age where if you just look at them they smear something on you, so the only one who spills and stains on me is me!
OP Gal said... (1/30/10 9:16 AM) Reply
I hope you learn to love that blouse because it looks great on you and fits perfectly. Thanks for the review.
chelsy21 said... (1/30/10 8:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the good review! I have this pattern in my stash waiting for time to sew it. I guess I need to find a soft fabric for it. However, I do like yours. Sometimes we have to get used to a garment, I think.
aunt saidee said... (1/30/10 2:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tips about the silk twill--it sounds divine. Would you wear this with a jacket or alone? I think it looks fine, too; maybe you have my disease of being overly-critical of one's self. LOL I am loooking forward to trying these patterns with cup-adjusted pattern pieces--what a godsend!
Sew4Fun said... (1/29/10 5:58 PM) Reply
Oh goodness, I think your blouse looks great on you, especially the gathers. I was so surprised to read your rating after seeing the photo.
RadarRadiance said... (1/29/10 5:14 PM) Reply
Looks very nice on you... I love a white blouse and you do have it fitting perfect.
sewtime said... (1/29/10 2:59 PM) Reply
Great blouse!!
katlew03 said... (1/29/10 11:40 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt. Good fit.
Red Curtain said... (1/29/10 10:33 AM) Reply
I think your shirt looks really nice on you and it is very well made. Nice job. Your comments about the adjustments and muslin are helpful too. I think it works for you too, even though you are not sure. A colorful short necklace would really do it justice!

More Knits