Pattern Reviews> Au Bonheur des Petites Mains> VL000001 (Bonheur Raincoat)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:1/20/10 1:35 AM
Last Updated:1/20/10 1:42 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Barbara V said... (1/22/10 9:11 PM) Reply
Incredible job on this amazing pattern. Your choice of fabric and color plus your attention to detail (without instructions) make your one-of-a-kind jacket a knockout!
waltzqueen said... (1/21/10 4:15 PM) Reply
What a FUN and fabulous Imperméable!! I love the red with the grey, and I'm wild about the sleeve gussets and pockets!! What a magnificent job you did with such a complicated pattern. Well done!!
betty bushwacker said... (1/21/10 8:54 AM) Reply
un-bloomin'-believable. I love it!!
beth5646 said... (1/20/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous. I love it. I just ordered the pattern and can't wait to get it. Thank you for the instructions on your blog--I will make good use of them.
sfshaza said... (1/20/10 6:54 PM) Reply
I hate it when I do a refresh and it repeats my comment. :)
Sewlovelier said... (1/20/10 6:54 PM) Reply
Wow, this is just fabulous. Your attention to detail amazing.
sfshaza said... (1/20/10 6:16 PM) Reply
Deleting repeated comment.
Karendee said... (1/20/10 5:57 PM) Reply
You have done an AMAZING job on this coat, Shams!!! Your work is just so creative and clever.
sfshaza said... (1/20/10 5:52 PM) Reply
Thanks, diggs. I left the back hem as-is. I shortened the front hem to look more like the technical drawing. I shortened it maybe 4" at CF, tapered to nothing at the side seams. (That's approximate as I didn't measure it.)
digs57 said... (1/20/10 3:43 PM) Reply
My applause for producing a garment that's FAR more interesting looking (thanks to its colour scheme, good choice there) than the wishy-washy pattern photo. It looks like you levelled up both front and back hems, is that so?
dingyadi said... (1/20/10 1:16 PM) Reply
Wow! I can see how much work and skill has gone into this. Amazing! Love that pattern company too, thank you for drawing it to peoples' attention
sfshaza said... (1/20/10 12:51 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. Sewing4Fun, I got the fabric at a local discount fabric store called FabriX. Dorothy, this coat is way too big for you. ;)
Ann Smith said... (1/20/10 11:59 AM) Reply
You are incredible. This looks tricky even with instructions. Fantastic job with a perfect, though difficult, fabric. Love it.
Elona said... (1/20/10 11:06 AM) Reply
What a striking and delightful coat! Good work.
sewing for fun said... (1/20/10 10:53 AM) Reply
WOW! What a great raincoat - such beautiful colors and fantastic details! It looks wonderful AND functional. Where did you get that great fabric?!
DorothyK said... (1/20/10 10:41 AM) Reply
This coat is too fantastic for words. I'm in awe that you tackled a pattern so difficult - in a foreign language, no less - and on which you even improvised. I love the pattern, the fabric, the color, the details - everything. Congratulations on this masterpiece. I want it!!!
Patti B said... (1/20/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Gosh, you do love a challenge, don't you? |grin| This is just a stunner. Love your verve!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/20/10 8:38 AM) Reply
Cool, cool way cool look!
Nancy K said... (1/20/10 8:17 AM) Reply
Great coat! An impressive job without instructions for such an intricate garment.
thirteenstitches said... (1/20/10 7:47 AM) Reply
Extremely impressive! I love it! I don't see me ever having what it takes to complete a coat like this. Wear it with pride : )
Rebecca D said... (1/20/10 6:24 AM) Reply
I admire your perseverance - wow. This coat turned out beautifully and I can't wait to see a picture of you wearing it.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/20/10 6:10 AM) Reply
Wonderful color combo and great details that you executed so beautifully. Thanks for showing us this unique coat pattern.
FreyaStark said... (1/20/10 4:37 AM) Reply
Very snazzy. Looks like it would have been quite a complex pattern to make even with decent instructions, so good on you for pulling it off. I've just bought two of their patterns and I'm looking forward to trying them. Fortunately at least one of them will be easier than this one.
lizpalmer said... (1/20/10 4:07 AM) Reply
This is fabulous - it looks amazing, and what a beuatiful job you made of it, despite the French etc! Thank you for pointing out this pattern company. I love their patterns, and it's so good to see something a bit different and exciting. I look forward, as always, to seeing your future creations.
Lilibet said... (1/20/10 3:29 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. I love it.
Vibekeinyork said... (1/20/10 2:43 AM) Reply
Amazing! What a showstopper.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns