Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Hudson Top & Pants

Posted on:1/23/10 7:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
marjenann said... (1/25/10 9:12 AM) Reply
Great style, I really like this one!
Barbara V said... (1/24/10 2:24 PM) Reply
Very nice for an experiment. Looking forward to seeing the next version as well. The collar is especially nice.
lmg said... (1/24/10 1:42 PM) Reply
The search continues. But this is lovely, nonetheless and it looks good on you. I love SW patterns but they tend to overwhelm me.
DorothyK said... (1/24/10 1:37 PM) Reply
Pretty nice for a muslin. Looks comfy for winter.
Ann Smith said... (1/24/10 11:49 AM) Reply
FranG, by heavier I mean something like cotton jersey, rayon jersey would be good. My fabric is very light and semi-sheer.
JDpenelope said... (1/24/10 9:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- Nice to know it is good for beginners. (My sewing skills seem to be regressing of late.) I wonder how this top would look in slinky. Your gauze is probably too light to give it the swing it might need.
Fran G said... (1/24/10 8:30 AM) Reply
Ann, thanks for your review of this pattern. I have made a muslin and found it very oversized..I am short and of average weight. My thoughts were that I should perhaps use a lighter weight, more flowy fabric and yet you are leaning toward a heavier one. Can you tell me your rational? Do you think the 11oz weight rayon jersey would work? I think I took out 2" from each side..from shoulder down to hem..after trying my muslin which was in a lightweight something! I have yet to return to re-try. The fabric you used for this review would have seemed to be perfect. Thanks for any help!
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/24/10 0:38 AM) Reply
I really like this. I've never tried a Sewing Workshop pattern, thanks for reviewing.
Christas said... (1/24/10 0:06 AM) Reply
I think your top still looks very nice, even if the sizing isn't exactly what you were hoping for.

Vogue Patterns 1164 OOP