Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1128 (MISSES' COAT, TOP AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:dingyadi

About dingyadistar
Member since: 5/18/07
Posted on:1/24/10 3:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Outerwear
Re Becca said... (1/30/11 8:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up, I just cut this out of silk charmeuse, and thought the facings looked really bizzare wide! I will see if I can't work out a binding instead of those hinky facings.
cleverkitty said... (6/1/10 7:07 PM) Reply
Wish I read your review first, the facing was terrible and I made it from a jersey, did not lay flat at all. Also this top looks better in a plain print or solid, I used a busy flower print and the tucks hardly showed up. I would bind it next time for sure. Your top is beautiful and makes me want to sew it again...
kiwilass said... (4/16/10 6:06 AM) Reply
You've done a great job on this top. I have just finished mocking up a muslin in a knit and found I had the same problem with the facing riding up. When I make another -and I will because this top is cute and flattering- I'll be sure to make the facing adjustments you've recommended. Thanks
Tailypo said... (1/28/10 11:14 PM) Reply
This pattern is next on my what-to-sew pile. Thanks for the helpful review! I'll keep an eye on that facing.
Patricia Schoeman said... (1/27/10 7:58 PM) Reply
Great review - good point on the fabric type
Longarm said... (1/27/10 5:27 PM) Reply
That is such a beutiful top! And it fits you very nicely. Love the fabric. I have never worked with silk charmeuse but this makes me thing it is time to try!
Heatherrique said... (1/24/10 2:21 PM) Reply
Very stylish top! The pleated neckline looks superb on you. Thanks for your neckline facing adjustment for non-knits.
ALY said... (1/24/10 9:50 AM) Reply
Very cute top. I especially love the snake print fabric you used. In drafting the facing, Vogue may have assumed the neck line pleats would not release(open up) until they were below the bottom edge of the facing. Depending on the shape of the person wearing the top(high bust or larger than B cup), they may open up closer to the neckline and the facing was not large enough at the bottom edge to match the amount of fabric released from the pleats. Your fix was appropriate for the problem and worked great.
Wino said... (1/24/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Very cute-love your fabric choice. Thanks for the heads-up on the facing issues.
lamstu said... (1/24/10 8:40 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. I'd never have looked twice at this pattern until I saw your version.
Vonnevo said... (1/24/10 7:13 AM) Reply
Fabulous top !!! Your excellent review has successfuly enabled me :)

Young Image Magazine SS-2013-Y1305