Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB041LI (The Liverpool)

Reviewed by:donna mel

About donna melstar
Member since: 3/7/08
Posted on:1/24/10 2:33 PM
Last Updated:8/5/10 6:15 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
koolchicken said... (12/14/10 9:11 PM) Reply
The top looks great, I think you did a really nice job. If you're looking for additional photos Amy Butlers site has them. Just look under the insperation tab, it shows the backside. I like to look there before I begin her patterns and save the photos to look at while sewing.
MNBarb said... (8/9/10 10:19 PM) Reply
I think tunics are a great look for you. It looks so good with the wider cropped pants. I really like the fitted style on you, very flattering!
JessB said... (8/6/10 0:32 AM) Reply
awesome! Well done - it looks gorgeous. I want one too!!!
ryansmumAria said... (8/6/10 0:03 AM) Reply
wow! I absolutely love how that top looks on you. I want one now!
kimmieal said... (4/2/10 2:17 AM) Reply
great fabric choice, and lots of good tips on how the pattern was tweaked to suit her! thanks!
Sew4Fun said... (3/24/10 6:12 PM) Reply
Yeah silly me again. See above. :)
Sew4Fun said... (3/24/10 6:11 PM) Reply
Sorry triple post. I'm having issues with the new comment format.
Sew4Fun said... (3/24/10 6:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous blouse! Thanks also for the helpful review. I like this pattern but without a line drawing I had no idea about the details and I won't purchase a pattern unless I know what I'm getting.
donna mel said... (2/25/10 7:15 AM) Reply
Thanks for sending that link! her photo really does help.
busymomof3 said... (2/24/10 11:14 AM) Reply
I found the link . Also, I'm getting ready to make this top so I emailed Debbie on the AB site and asked for a drawing or directions on the sleeve cuff. She sent me both immediately.
donna mel said... (2/16/10 7:18 AM) Reply
PippaM, thanks for the blog info...i searched hi and low and couldn't find the photos, tho.
PippaM said... (2/15/10 11:02 PM) Reply
You can see some good pictures on pink chalk studio's blog (especially the sleeve with button).
RobinMCPA said... (2/2/10 4:55 PM) Reply
I love your tunic!! It really looks great on you. I also like that you cut the back on the fold - I will do this too when I make this pattern. No pattern breakup and will also give me a little extra room in the back. Great review!
JodieT said... (1/29/10 3:25 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I have been hesitant to buy this pattern, but have been so drawn to it. I made her Cabo Halter and was not pleased with it. It needed a lot of altering. It was too short waisted for me, big at the bottom and too tight in the boobs. I am going to try again. I really like the back without the center back seam. It seems to me a lot of independent designers break up patterns a lot with center seam when there really is not need.
CCQ said... (1/25/10 11:11 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! I have the pattern and am about ready to cut. Ditto on the Amy Butler heavy cotton!
lamstu said... (1/25/10 6:39 AM) Reply
Love the tunic. You certainly succeeded in your quest for color! (I am in that boat with you.)
ColorMeHome said... (1/25/10 0:09 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your review. You look terrific in your tunic! I have this pattern but have been hesitant to make it because of the sizing. I think I might give it a try now.
Birgitte said... (1/24/10 9:37 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in this, I love it. And..."Dear AMY, please give us your bright and fabulous designs in something more than heavy weight cottons." lol I'm so with you, that would be awesome!
crazygrad said... (1/24/10 8:57 PM) Reply
groovin', on a sunday afternoon... like it!
ClaireF in CA said... (1/24/10 8:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful tunic, and it fits you so well! I haven't tried any of Amy's clothing either, so thank you so much for this review! Strange that she left out all of those picture views!
busymomof3 said... (1/24/10 3:53 PM) Reply
oops, double posted.
busymomof3 said... (1/24/10 3:53 PM) Reply
I love this on you!! I have been trying decide on this pattern but think it's a go now! I like the back on the fold, no design break-up :)
kacy22 said... (1/24/10 3:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I made this tunic (haven't done a review) and found the same "issues" you did. I love your fabric choice. Great job!
Peggy said... (1/24/10 3:05 PM) Reply
This is such a sharp tunic. Love your fabric. Thanks for your review.

by: abbythomas