Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3343 (Misses Nightgown)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Loungewear    Sleepwear    Lingerie

Sweater knit fabrics

Zoomitron said... (4/7/14 4:28 PM) Reply
I'm just matching the pattern to something in my fabric stash, so I'll definitely sew it up for summer. I don't keep horses, and my dog loves everything I sew, so the sky's the limit. Love your posts Ms. Stark.
fourkid said... (1/31/10 0:34 AM) Reply
I love it.
FreyaStark said... (1/30/10 4:52 PM) Reply
Thanks, all, for those wonderful compliments and kind remarks. To get stuck in means to plunge into a task with perhaps more enthusiasm than skill and a belief in one's own luck.
mssewcrazy said... (1/30/10 3:49 PM) Reply
I love the idea about using the fabric too wild to wear in the street. I know I have some like that. The gown pattern looks classic and simple and really nice on you. I think it wants to join my bulging pattern collection.
ClaireEmily said... (1/30/10 3:09 PM) Reply
I can just imagine you travelling in the tropics in your bird of paradise print muu-muu!
Heatherrique said... (1/30/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Actually, quite an elegant muu muu!
MadMenFanlinda said... (1/30/10 10:17 AM) Reply
I love it! -good use of fabric.
renren said... (1/30/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Please add 'in' as in "the whole process just sucked you in before you gave the matter full consideration."
renren said... (1/30/10 8:45 AM) Reply
Oh, yes, I did love this review. You certainly bring a whole new perspective and insight to the consideration of clothing that I do not usually consider: "fabrics too wild to wear in the street" and "I'm tempted to wear it as a muu muu, but I don't want to frighten the horses." I must confess I do not choose my wardrobe on whether it might frighten horses (or camels) or whether the wildness of the fabric might be more suited to locales other than the streets of the "civilized" world. I really laughed out loud. I don't know what "got stuck in" means exactly but I think it means the whole process just sucked you before you gave the matter full consideration. Anyway I love your reviews and your precise use of language which conjures up all kinds of images in my head!!! Hope you have many good dreams in this nightie!

BRUSH FRINGE JACKET, a CD book by Kenneth King