Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:3/11/04 2:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Ann C said... (3/12/04 9:27 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, Ann. Another showstopper.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/12/04 6:38 AM) Reply
Great review, lovely jacket, and I love the "ta daaah!" picture! -Ann
Liana said... (3/12/04 1:19 AM) Reply
Great jacket Ann, and a very comprehensive review!
Ann Smith said... (3/11/04 11:09 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone. ChrisK: I just used regular thread and universal needle sz 80 I think. The topstitching looks good on this fabric. The problems I had were related to the tight situation on the sleeves. The fabric was easy to work with except messy....lots of fluff everywhere and every thread clings to it. Elona: Peggy is very slender. Leslie: I believe the fabric may still be available on the Silhouettes website. I only needed 1 3/4 yards. I forgot to mention in my review that Peggy is very helpful. I emailed her with questions about the bust increase and she replied very promptly. She encouraged me to phone her for even better communication.
Elona said... (3/11/04 10:31 AM) Reply
This looks terrific on you, Ann! Thanks for a thoughtful review. Kind of scary to learn about critical omissions in the instructions, though. Peggy's patterns are very attractive, so I've collected a couple of them, but having not worked with them yet, I'm grateful for information from those who have. I have noticed that the bust ease is surprisingly small on the Silhouette patterns I bought; since designers seem to design to their own body type, I wonder if Peggy has a small torso herself.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/11/04 8:08 AM) Reply
Oooooooooo.....pretty! Always love your projects, Ann. Must find some of that beautiful fabric--it's part of my new fabric diet, you know.
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/11/04 7:31 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks just wonderful! I love that fabric! Thanks for such a thorough review!
kathi s said... (3/11/04 7:27 AM) Reply
You did a great job on your jacket and it is very attractive, but, due to your warnings, I don't think I'll try this one.
Gigi Louis said... (3/11/04 6:53 AM) Reply
Really cute jacket, Ann! Thanks for all the tips. :-)
SewingSusan said... (3/11/04 6:30 AM) Reply
Great jacket...I love that pink fabric.
jlg said... (3/11/04 5:55 AM) Reply
I agree - very cute jacket.
ChrisK said... (3/11/04 2:47 AM) Reply
That jacket looks really nice Ann. I've considered using this type of fabric but was a bit scared by it. Perhaps I should give it a go. What needle size and thread did you use for the topstitching?

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2013-2