Pattern Reviews> Pin-up Girls> 1230 (Classic Bra)

Reviewed by:cme95677

About cme95677star
Member since: 10/11/07
Posted on:1/30/10 5:08 PM
Last Updated:2/5/10 11:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
pammieh said... (9/6/11 1:33 AM) Reply
I love the bra - and now want to make my own!
li'l miss muffett said... (2/18/10 9:30 AM) Reply
This bra is just gorgeous! I love the lace you used. Oh, and I love making bras too!
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/16/10 4:15 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job you have done! As Jane Russell used to say in the old Playtex bra commercials, "Support can be beautiful!"; but yours is so much more beautiful than a playtex bra!
cme95677 said... (2/13/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Thank You everyone for such nice comments! And to Plantwizard...once I started making making padded straps that do not stretch (on the padded part) and only the back part of the strap is elastic, they no longer fall down! I teach Bra Making and really encourage women to have fun with color, prints, and lace.
Karin Mantefors said... (2/13/10 12:48 PM) Reply
I skipped the boning when I started to use extra heavy powernet for the band. I´m still amazed over how many beatiful fabric and laces there´s out there and how great it is that the internet let us explore the sites that provides us with materials
HatBuddy said... (2/10/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Love Your bra. Fabulous
m1khaela said... (2/10/10 12:04 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous choice of fabrics and colors!
Stephanie C. said... (2/7/10 1:10 AM) Reply
That is just beautiful!!!
Sigrid. said... (2/6/10 5:49 PM) Reply
Fabulous. Beautiful combination of fabrics and impeccable work. Enjoy.
mizvi said... (2/6/10 10:17 AM) Reply
I always thought that bras should have a little extra boning on the side for us fleshy women. I am inspired to work harder to improve my skills so that I can try to make my own lingerie esp bras. Yours is truely beautiful and so pracitcal too. I love padded straps too. A really great job and wonderful valentine's day gift for your Valentine!
FloraNature said... (2/6/10 8:12 AM) Reply
WOW - gorgeous - it's a work of art !!!
donna mel said... (2/6/10 8:10 AM) Reply
impressive! when you say 'very easy', i say, 'i can't wait till an item like this is very easy for me!' thanks for sharing, its a great inspiration.
Peter in NYC said... (2/6/10 6:24 AM) Reply
Wow. Nice work.
Jacqui315 said... (2/5/10 11:34 PM) Reply
This looks so much better than RTW. Congratulations on sewing such a great bra!
Athene said... (2/5/10 11:16 PM) Reply
A fabulous looking bra - the results are very professional.
shorts said... (2/5/10 10:55 PM) Reply
That is wonderful! I am impressed! I wish I loved making bras!LOL I am going to try my hand at it but it will not be all pretty like yours!
mesewlot said... (2/5/10 10:20 PM) Reply
Very nice! I would love to be able to make my own bras and panties. I will eventuallu attempt to make me a bra, hopefully it will turn out as beautiful as yours. Thanks for your review!
Plantwizard said... (2/5/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. Does the sizing run true to your regular ready to wear size? Would it be hard to inset the back strap attachment to keep the straps from falling down (the bane of bras in my life)?
sewing for fun said... (2/5/10 8:25 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Great and original fabric choices that made up into a beautiful designer bra!
amy in mpls said... (2/5/10 7:36 PM) Reply
so artful! I think you'll be getting some positive attention for this...lovely job!
nellc said... (2/5/10 7:28 PM) Reply
This is so lovely, the fabrics you have used are beautiful.
Amanda S. said... (2/5/10 6:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Looks very RTW.
georgieporgie said... (2/5/10 4:08 PM) Reply
This is so lovely and inspiring! (Your links have an extra "http//" in the address that is stopping them from working.)
nglalala said... (2/5/10 2:46 PM) Reply
Wow!! This truly is awesome! Great job! I'm so jealous... I want to make my own bra!
Raye Ann said... (2/5/10 2:32 PM) Reply
this is gorgeous! I really love it. the American Sewing Guild here in Los Angeles is having a bra workshop in March. i have been thinking about going, but this really inspires me to sign up!
dingyadi said... (2/5/10 1:55 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! That would cost a mint in the shops.
Pattern Junkie said... (2/5/10 1:00 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning!
okie2thdoc said... (2/5/10 12:22 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I'm getting ready to make a bra and am going to come back and look at this review often. Thanks
AuntieShel said... (2/5/10 12:21 PM) Reply
OMG, this is fabulous!!! I continue to be amazed by the articles of clothing people attempt to sew and with such astonishing results. Superb!!!
CShelley said... (2/5/10 12:19 PM) Reply
Looks like a very expensive bra from a high end lingerie store. VERY impressive!
no7262 said... (2/5/10 11:57 AM) Reply
WOW! You did such a nice job and it is beautiful! Nora :)

by: mimi g.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2008-17

by: 21wale

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)