Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1132 (MISSES' JACKET, SKIRT AND PANT)

Reviewed by:Nan Kay

About Nan Kaystarstar
MO United States
Member since: 5/27/09
Posted on:1/31/10 3:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
Miss Judy said... (2/22/11 2:32 AM) Reply
I think the fabric looks absolutely stunning--it gives a very soft look to the suit! And your matching at the seams looks as good as the Vogue version! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!
kcstarr49 said... (6/5/10 9:58 AM) Reply
Looks good to me!
Bonny Dune said... (2/24/10 7:16 PM) Reply
You look beautiful in it. Still laughing about the kitty feet under the door.
persevering said... (2/1/10 12:54 PM) Reply
How kind of you to share measurements! I loved this pattern when I first saw it but could never imagine how good it could look on a body similar to mine. This style is amazing and flattering on a hour-glass figure like yours. (Remember, we really don't perceive our own bodies as others do. It seems we think we are larger than we are.) I hope you continue to make and wear clothes that are fitted because they are what flatter you the most, IMHO. Your ideas do work! In addition, it is totally age appropriate. After your comments and review, I have no hesitation to make this, or a similar style and I am 57. Thanks again!
AuntieShel said... (2/1/10 9:40 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!!!
fryman said... (2/1/10 9:04 AM) Reply
your hourglass figure can handle the peplum, regardless of size (my opinion) Lucky you who still has a waistline to show off! Also, the cheveron side seams look very professional and clean. Perhaps a lighter fabric? Do make it again and give another review. Pictures were great.
senaSews said... (2/1/10 3:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit! IMO it looks great on you!
Nan Kay said... (1/31/10 11:24 PM) Reply
Golly, you all make me feel much better about this project! Persevering, I wear a size 6 rtw, my measurements are approx (changes a little with how good or bad I have been), 37, 28, 371/2. But the trick for me is to go by the measurments on the pattern pieces themselves, not what the outside of the envelope says. Ease is a very personal issue and that outside measurement can be so different from what the pieces measure! Then I usually cut my side seams just a little wider than the normal allowance, that way I can make it a little looser or take it in whichever. Works for me anyway!
Dmd4106 said... (1/31/10 6:56 PM) Reply
Fabulous suit! Love the plaid! Great job
persevering said... (1/31/10 6:39 PM) Reply
Yes this looks great on you! Not only this but everything I've seen that you've sewn! We're the same height and I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know about your measurements and if you made alterations not mentioned because I think I'm close to 12 in sizing but inexperienced and confused. Thanks! :)
Kellie R. said... (1/31/10 6:38 PM) Reply
What a great style on you. It's a lovely outfit and very well done!
sewnsewtoo said... (1/31/10 6:37 PM) Reply
I love your outfit. It is very flattering and age appropriate. I disagree with you. I think you did a great job of matching the plaid.
lizpalmer said... (1/31/10 6:19 PM) Reply
I loved this pattern when I first saw it, and I was hoping that someone would make a good version of it - and you have certainly done that. Looks fab on you and I think the fabric is lovely, even if it was a pain to work with. Nice job.
bluenines said... (1/31/10 5:50 PM) Reply
looks great on you! and you did a great job, even with the problems that the fabric gave you
RMJ said... (1/31/10 5:49 PM) Reply
I think it looks great. Makes me wish I needed a suit.
mchick said... (1/31/10 5:47 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in it. It is absolutely age appropriate!
LynnRowe said... (1/31/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Love the jacket & skirt!!! I will be making the jacket at some point. ROTFLMAO re the cat feet!!! :D :D :D
Enid E said... (1/31/10 5:15 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you! Nice job with the plaid too... I have looked at this pattern and now I know I am going to get it, and..... I am no spring chicken....
RadarRadiance said... (1/31/10 4:08 PM) Reply
I love it on you and it is age appropriate! You pull it off great, very nice!

Lolita Patterns Spearmint Paper Pattern