Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3385 (Misses mock-wrap top)

Reviewed by:Evatgirl73

About Evatgirl73starstar
WA USA
Member since: 7/28/03
Posted on:3/11/04 1:35 PM

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Dovie said... (3/17/04 9:57 AM) Reply
Tell me more about the sleeves. I have had terrible luck with butterick sleeves. How did you do the long sleeves? Did you just add length? Did you have trouble with the sleeve cap being too tall. ( I think this is where I run into trouble.)
Jan B. said... (3/13/04 9:02 AM) Reply
Would love to see your photo also, but I am among the many who are unable to see pictures at Ofoto--and I joined!! We (or at least I) have no problem viewing from the albumns here.
Georgia said... (3/12/04 8:28 AM) Reply
Yeah when I did this shirt I didn't use a stretch material, but I still found I needed the extra room in the cup area. I did stitch the V together in the ditch of the binding, so it would not pop out :) I wore it to work and it's great now with that stitch!
Evatgirl73 said... (3/11/04 9:44 PM) Reply
Sorry, I have no clue how to fix the link, the photos show up fine for me. Someone suggested you might have to be a member of Ofoto, and in that case I apologize! Georgia, I didn't make a full bust alteration (the mere fact that you asked is making me blush, I've never had to even *think* about it, don't usually have a bust to speak of..!). In fact, I think I had to readjust the pieces a little to make it a bit tighter, if anything! ;-) But I figured it was mostly because of using stretchy knit instead of "non-giving" fabric... I am thinking of putting a couple of discreet stitches in the "V" since w certain bras it does slide apart a bit and shows the bra (always attractive... not!).
Mary Reed said... (3/11/04 3:49 PM) Reply
Hi Evatgirl73 - I can't see your photo. Can you check the link?
Georgia said... (3/11/04 2:54 PM) Reply
Very nice! Did you have to make a full bust alteration? I figured next time around I would need to do that, because when I put the front pieces together the way they suggested, they would pull very awkwardly so I had to move them further apart, which dipped the neckline significantly.

StyleArc Monica Pant