Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1091 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04
Posted on:2/1/10 0:55 AM
Last Updated:3/6/10 6:10 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
solosmocker said... (7/31/10 9:04 PM) Reply
I just finished this pattern and have the same problem with the elastic despite removing one inch from the front and one and a half from the back. It just doesn't hug the neckline. I am thinking if it did hug it close, the sleeves would be pulling however. So maybe the pattern model has some sort of adhesive gunk keeping hers in place. Nice blouse.
AncientElna said... (5/29/10 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks very much for your detailed, and funny critique. I own this pattern and am thinking how the "milk maid" comment is likely to appy to my figure, too, should I make this up!
Athene said... (2/2/10 9:22 PM) Reply
Very nice - this is one I keep wanting to sew but still have not done so.
Sweetiebop said... (2/1/10 10:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review had the pattern cut for two weeks and fabric ready just haven't had the motivation. Like that you made it into a tunic.
ssssdeb said... (2/1/10 12:28 PM) Reply
Now I need to add this one to my list - your review was inspiring. I love that you say it's so quick and easy. Thanks for the review!
ButtonFaith said... (2/1/10 12:22 PM) Reply
This was a very helpful review! I have this pattern and have been thinking of making it in a sophia knit, but not sure if it might be too heavy. It's good to know about the issue with the elastic. Yours is lovely and a good choice with your glen plaid! Go ahead and wear it!
Rebecca D said... (2/1/10 8:41 AM) Reply
I like the drape of the tucked in top with the green plaid skirt. Hmmm. I have this pattern and might just try the top idea. Thanks for the tip on the elastic and lingerie straps.
moushka said... (2/1/10 7:45 AM) Reply
Your blouse is a terrific addition to your wardrobe - looks great with both the skirt and jacket. Lovely colour, too.

Pattern Work