Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8129 (Easy Options Skirt)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/5/10 6:30 PM

Vesta Patterns

Barbara V said... (2/6/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Catbird, I did not get a huge amount of shrinkage as the original piece was a slightly thicker jersey than some that I have purchased and I didn't want it to turn out too heavy. I therefore did a shorter cycle in my front load washer which is not even as effective in felting as a top load machine. It did also go through the dryer. So while without a great deal of shrinkage, it still changed the surface and texture to my liking.
sfshaza said... (2/6/10 1:11 PM) Reply
Nice, Barbara! This is very much like a recent Anthropologie skirt. I'm surprised Vogue has discontinued it already.
eugenia123 said... (2/6/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt - I love that wonderful flounce.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/6/10 10:58 AM) Reply
Barbara: this is really a stunning skirt: I'm sure the revisions you made contributed to its success. Looks great with your new top, too.
DorothyK said... (2/6/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Barbara, this skirt is stunning. I love hearing about the changes you made and why you made them. Not only does it work, but I'm sure it's very comfortable in the felted wool jersey. I think I'll try to track down this pattern.
CissieW said... (2/6/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Terrific skirt! And very flattering too.
Catbird said... (2/6/10 8:30 AM) Reply
I'm so impressed with this! It looks beautifully made and SO flattering and distinctive. Did you get a lot of shrinkage when you felted your fabric? This looks wonderful on you.
Jolet said... (2/6/10 7:50 AM) Reply
What a lovely skirt! I like the result tremendously!
Auntie Allyn said... (2/6/10 7:48 AM) Reply
Gorgeous . . . I may have to track down this pattern!!
FreyaStark said... (2/6/10 1:17 AM) Reply
A very smart and distinctive skirt.
Christas said... (2/5/10 10:09 PM) Reply
Oh, so cute! I want one! What a great idea to make this out of a jersey knit. Your changes made this skirt just perfect!
Ann Smith said... (2/5/10 9:06 PM) Reply
Great revisions to make the pattern work perfectly for you and your fabric. I love this skirt on you. I want one too.
Enid E said... (2/5/10 7:39 PM) Reply
What a stylish skirt...I like the idea of the elastic insert. I think the changes you made, were ideal for the fabric and enhanced the appeal of this skirt to me. Again, you model your apparel beautifully!
nellc said... (2/5/10 7:00 PM) Reply
Very stylish skirt, the flounce is a lovely detail.
Pattern Work