Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4269 (Formal Gown)

Reviewed by:Lauri Strandell

About Lauri Strandell
ID USA
Member since: 3/24/08
Posted on:2/3/10 1:21 AM
Last Updated:2/4/10 12:00 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Lauri Strandell said... (2/3/10 3:27 PM) Reply
I bought a roll of strapping on ebay. It was about $50 for more feet (something like 5,000 ft) than I can use in two lifetimes. I use it in purse handles. I sell the purses in my restaurant. Most of the stuff I make doesn't really get washed alot. Costumes out of upholstery fabric, the same with the purses. The first strapping I got for free was from the local hardware store. I just asked the clerk and we looked around in the storeroom. I love to use "recycled" items anytime I can.
Lauri Strandell said... (2/3/10 3:16 PM) Reply
Trephas2003 said... (2/3/10 5:39 AM) Reply
It looks beautiful!
katlew03 said... (2/3/10 1:26 AM) Reply
Where do you get the strapping material? Is it expensive? Will it hold up to a washer and dryer? I make nursing cover-ups and the boning is expensive. I think you did a beautiful job on this costume.

Twinkle Sews Cool Contrasts

by: meggipeg

Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Chris W Designs Evelyn