Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3167 (Misses' Camisoles & Panties)

Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04
Posted on:2/3/10 11:53 AM
Last Updated:2/10/10 10:53 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
Ysenia said... (5/23/13 4:43 PM) Reply
very pretty!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/6/11 10:29 PM) Reply
Wow these are gorgeous as a set!
Summerlea said... (2/18/10 8:03 PM) Reply
I don't have a flat backside and this style creeps up on me terribly! I've lined a pair similarly and it makes them wearable. Perhaps elastic across the back would help some, as suggested.
Passion4Sewing said... (2/12/10 7:24 AM) Reply
Good save! Very pretty!
crazygrad said... (2/10/10 11:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty and classic!
loti said... (2/6/10 11:01 AM) Reply
Selina, this pattern has a crotch piece, but I didn't get that far (because of the fit issues). Which was better in this instance because it would have looked strange with the crotch piece and the lining.
Selina said... (2/4/10 10:57 PM) Reply
Informative review, I think I'll be sticking with my Jalie version of the cute undies. In that pattern there is a crotch lining that covers over the seams in "sensitive areas". It really helps, so does stitching down the seams so they lay flat instead of standing up.
li'l miss muffett said... (2/4/10 8:31 AM) Reply
Ack! These are so pretty!!!
jannw said... (2/3/10 6:35 PM) Reply
As an owner of a flat backside, I found this very helpful..good save..always wondered how that type would fit
loti said... (2/3/10 3:14 PM) Reply
Elona & Sewing for fun, I actually bought the Jan Bones bikini pattern but it was back ordered, hopefully this week, I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm looking forward to it.
sewing for fun said... (2/3/10 2:41 PM) Reply
I also recommend Jan Bones' patterns - love the bust size adjusted camisole especially. Just a thought. you might try ZZ ing some clear elastic to the legs to keep them in place... just snugg it up a littl;e to cup under the bottom. It also has a "grippy" kind of characteristic that may help you salvage these VERY pretty panties. I always line the crotch if using lace.
guillorypr said... (2/3/10 2:15 PM) Reply
Thanks, I've had this pattern for ages but never made it up as I was wondering how they would fit over my backside! Now I know!
Elona said... (2/3/10 2:09 PM) Reply
You mention creepage and the need for more shaping, so you might be interested in Jan Bones' "Stretch Lace Pantie," reviewed here: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=41930 I've made a couple of her things, and she is very conscious of the anatomy. As mentioned in the review i linked, the pantie doesn't yet appear on Jan's website, but it's in stock when you email her.
smoody said... (2/3/10 12:10 PM) Reply
very pretty! these are my favorites! i have this pattern and i will make them now that i've seen yours . Great inspiration!

by: cybperry