Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1091 (WSJ Marrakesh Pants)

Reviewed by:QuiltSewSewSue

Last Updated:2/4/10 6:47 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
rose4524 said... (2/4/13 3:47 PM) Reply
Interesting...thanks for the detailed review; the photos of the poly version helped me appreciate how the result can look quite tailored vs the pkg illustration (they look great). A pants pattern I actually like is illusive, so maybe I will take a crack at this one.
rose4524 said... (9/20/10 10:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. I've been on the fence about this pattern, may be time to take the leap.
Lou05 said... (4/23/10 11:23 PM) Reply
Great review! I really appreciate all the information and the chance to see the same pattern used in two fabrics. You did a beautiful job and now I'll add this pattern to my wish list. They look great on you.
becca a said... (2/5/10 7:22 PM) Reply
These pants are fantastic on you! Thanks for the helpful review.
Margie T said... (2/5/10 7:10 AM) Reply
I love your pants. Great fit and thanks for a great review.
SpinningJenny said... (2/5/10 5:08 AM) Reply
These look fantastic on you Sue - stylish result in that fabric and a flattering cut. Hope you enjoy wearing them. Thanks so much for your helpful review.
FreyaStark said... (2/5/10 1:27 AM) Reply
They both look good but the plaid is particularly interesting as it seems an unusual choice for this style. Nevertheless it works - especially the pattern matching. No, they don't just belong on the golf course.
Schnauzer said... (2/4/10 3:13 PM) Reply
Sue, These pants look great! I have made these and I didn't have a problem with the crotch either. I bet your third pair will be fabulous!
brissie71 said... (2/4/10 2:56 PM) Reply
These pants look lovely, Sue, very professional.
sewbehind said... (2/4/10 1:45 PM) Reply
Love your pants. They look great. Appreciated the review too. Keep writing!
michellep74 said... (2/4/10 1:23 PM) Reply
I love both pairs--that plaid fabric on the cotton/linen blend is really cute! I love these pants too--I really need to make another pair or two.
Elona said... (2/4/10 11:58 AM) Reply
Terrific looking pants. It is interesting that the two fabrics produced such different results--but they both look wonderful on you.
renren said... (2/4/10 9:30 AM) Reply
This says it all: "These are the best pants I have ever made and I absolutely love them! " Fabulous and great review, too.
ElizabethDee said... (2/4/10 7:35 AM) Reply
wow -- your pants look great on you! who would ever have guessed that drawstring pants could look so sleek?
Rebecca D said... (2/4/10 6:48 AM) Reply
Another great result with this pattern. I love both pairs and think the plaid fabric looks great. I've got to get to this pattern ASAP, what am I waiting for?

Understanding Wool Fabrics