Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 105 (Daphne Pant)

Reviewed by:LizGo

About LizGostar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:5/11/02 2:25 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
KarmenG said... (1/3/03 1:45 AM) Reply
I just cut a test muslin for these pants. Your reviews helped me a lot. The crotch depth measured fine for me; usually I add length. More to come after I stitch up this muslin
DonnaR said... (12/26/02 4:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comment of good for beginners. I will put it on my wish list.
said... (7/17/02 8:05 PM) Reply
I've made these pants too, with just my usual adjustment of shortening the crotch depth by one inch. Susan, a zipper in the side seam would be just fine. The only risk would be uncomfortable/unsightly bulk. I made these pants with a fairly substantial tweed, and it would have been too bulky for a side seam zipper. In any fabric, you'd have to apply it carefully and watch for puckers at the bottom. I deal with the puckers at the bottom by lightly interfacing the seam allowance the length of the zipper plus about 1-1/2 inches below the bottom of the zipper.
said... (7/9/02 1:46 AM) Reply
My comment is really a question. Do you think I could move the zipper to the side of the pants instead of the back? I was thinking I could just sew the back seam and then put the invisible zipper at the side instead. Would it work?
said... (5/11/02 6:41 PM) Reply
This pattern and Textile Studio's Sohos are my favorite pant pattern. I agree about using fabric with a touch of lycra, they just seem more comfy. Fred's directions for installing an invisible zipper is well worth the price of the pattern.
said... (5/11/02 6:23 PM) Reply
LizGo, I agree with you - I love this pattern too! Sew-Jane, I am waistline and hipline challenged, and these pants have a great cut. Try it! The most difficult step is the invisible zipper, but it is well worth the extra effort.
said... (5/11/02 12:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for a well-written review. I am waistline challenged and am always curious about slim-fitting patterns.
said... (5/11/02 2:35 AM) Reply
HMMMMM, maybe it's time to dig this one out of the untouched pile...Thanks for the review.