Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5752

Member since: 1/21/07
Posted on:2/8/10 0:06 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

gatorgirl4325 said... (2/9/10 2:19 PM) Reply
I think this dress looks lovely on you and it does define your waistline :) ITY jersey will give you less bulk, but by no means should you put this version in your closet and not wear it! This dress gives you a very pleasing shape.
becca a said... (2/9/10 7:36 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! It is very flattering. You're right that a thinner fabric will give you less bulk--in fact, it will probably give you the slim line you want at the waistline. Seeing yours, I think I have to order this pattern.
sewbehind said... (2/8/10 11:21 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and I don't agree that it makes you look like a Kleenex box! As for marking on dark colours, you might try an old faithful like soap, or I like marking my dark quilts with Aquarelle pencils (white or yellow) made for watercolour. (I used to buy them at Dick Blick's) Not so sure of the spelling. It's been years since we've lived in the USA.
persevering said... (2/8/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Looks very nice on you!
arianamaniacs said... (2/8/10 10:30 AM) Reply
I think it turned out really nice. I love that style of top. Re: disappearing chalk -- I use a special "crayon" type pencil (white). It doesn't disappear - in fact there is a brush on the other side of the pencil for brushing the color out. Works really well for me
Mary W said... (2/8/10 8:25 AM) Reply
I sometimes mark dark knits with a tiny bar of soap from a hotel.
dragon10 said... (2/8/10 0:59 AM) Reply
I've had my eye on this pattern for awhile so your review is really helpful. The dress looks good on you. It will be interesting to hear from you if you make it in a lighter knit fabric.
pammieh said... (2/8/10 0:20 AM) Reply
Very flattering on you - wonderful result!
ssssdeb said... (2/8/10 0:18 AM) Reply
Your dress looks really nice! I like PMC disappearing chalk for dark fabrics. It doesn't leave any residue like tailors chalk. You can find it at Clotilde and cheaper at - hope this helps!